Tuesday 12 May 2015

Thinking Out Loud

Wanted to share this with you. I tend to think out loud on Facebook and I haven't been defriended yet so I'm thinking that they might jussssssss appreciate the two cents that comes outa my thumbs. And that motivates me! It motivates me to keep thinking out loud. Like Ed Sheeran. Except his motivation comes from the millions and millions that he made off of that beautiful track!

I do try my best not to talk shit. At least not too much of it. We all should, I think! A world of less shit talking is appealing, don't you think? Let's all think for a minute...........................it's motivating..........................................I'm thinking. That's what all those dots mean. Thinking about chocolate and the way that loadshedding makes me drowsy. It's like they're brainwashing us to go to bed at 8pm. I'm onto these mofo's! WTF kinda bullshit tactic is that?!? If they threaten us with a tax increase, I'm sure we'd all sleep by eight. Like an electricity curfew. I wish someone could wash their brains so that we can at least pretend to have things in order over here.

This status update been lingering in my mind ever since I posted it, I guess because it hits home with me and I'm thinking too about the fact that over the past weeks, for some reason, I've been receiving outa the blue messages and having face to face conversations that have reinforced for me the fact that whatever little or whatever much I've said to or done for some of the people around me, it's mattered to them and made a difference to them. That's a good feeling right there. It motivates me. Eh, lotta motivation going on up in this bi---a-hem---i mean, place.

Life is surely strange. When you least expect appreciation, you are blessed with it. It kinda erases that bitter feeling of having done more than you ever should have for others, only to have them tell you or pretend that all you've done was take and take from them and gave nothing back. Yo, wacha gonna do? it is what it is and all that does is illuminate the truth. The truth that there are allllllll types of people in this world. And without a doubt, we will cross paths with the good, just like we will, the bad.

Don't let the bad deflate you though. Don't let those who soon forget your efforts to make difference in their lives cause you to stop trying to make a difference to others'. If that's "who you are", it's a good "who you are", don't change the positive parts of who you are for the negative parts of who they are, ever! The other way around, yes! By all means!

Today, my mum and dad are married for 53 years. Fifty! Three! Yearrrrrrs! I would have loved to have been married for fifty three years but my life plan didn't include a fifty anything marriage, which is fine! I know it has something equally significant planned for me!

Anyhoooooo, this is what I wanted to share with you.

"So much emphasis is put on trust in relationships, not nearly enough is put on respect for each other. Depending on where we are emotionally and psychologically, we're easily able to put all of our trust into a man/woman who doesn't have a lick of respect for us. Does trust in that situation make for a successful relationship? Nah. It makes for a temporary relationship. Once there is shift in our emotional state...? Once we begin to heal psychologically and the conversation that we have with ourselves goes from, "This is all that there will ever be for me" to "This can't be all that there will ever be for me," we learn that we don't have to accept one OR the other but that we shouldn't accept one WITHOUT the other. SK"

SK, by the way, is not code for "suck knees". They are the initials of my first and last name.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment