Thursday 10 May 2012

A stroll into Blogsville

THIS step right here…the one I just took to Blogsville was inspired by one of my future sons, who by the way is almost MY AGE.  I know, right!  You're asking yourself;  “What the hell am I going to cook tonight?”  Which we all know is a cover for; “Well, what old timer are you dating?”  Here's the thing!  My future son is not too far off from my partner’s age either!  It gets even better...and a lot funnier at times of introduction…since my partner is a Black American and one of his son’s is Russian.  Did I mention that I'm Coloured from South Africa with more Indian blood running through my veins than a Calcutta native?  No?!  My apologies, bombarded I telya, from both sides with a touch of Polish and I believe, a splash of the San people?  As “Coloured-ful” as they come! 

Are we allowed to use our correct names on blogs?  I have no clue, so I’m just going to veer towards safety and refer to my partner as Philly, who fyi, is an amazing writer and inspired me to write a whole book!  Such an inspired soul I am!  When I think back to my English lessons in school, I remember they were held in a classroom and we’d learn English!  That’s it.  But they must have helped, thank you Canada, because not only can I speak it fluently, but I wrote an entire book!  My favourite teacher in the world was my English teacher in Grade 9 and 10 or was it 8, 9 and 10?  Can’t remember, but she now lives in Canada, which is where I got her name from.  She would only wear black and white, so, in my quest to be like my favourite teacher, I went through a phase of only wearing black and white!  Got a bit tough when you were invited to a themed function but I thoroughly enjoyed stealing that part of her identity!  It was like I was saying, I love you Miss Canada, via my clothing, which she couldn’t see since we wore uniforms to school.  Now that I think about it, it was kind of a lame way to pay homage to her.  I’ll call myself S-Dawg, hahahahaha, no, just kidding!  I shall refer to myself as Stacey simply because it’s my name and I’ve just received written permission from myself to use it.  Don’t fancy seeing myself in court!  It would mean paying for an attorney for both of me.  

And last but not least, the inspiration for the start of my own blog, hmmmmm, let's see...he shall be called, Russia!  He looks like an actor who could play the role of Jesus.  It was the first impression I got when I snuck onto his facebook page to see what he looked like just before I was about to meet him for the first time.  Everywhere I’ve seen him, Jesus was handsome, just like Russia!  Even as a Black man, Jesus was handsome!  My visit to Louisiana was the first time I’d ever seen a picture of Jesus as a Black man.  My brother in law had taken us all down to visit Big Mama!  And there, to the right of where I was sitting, on her wall, was the picture!  (Insert sound of shining light immersing from behind sacred subject: picture)  I’m not making this up, cross my heart and hope to die.  Big Mama was all you’d ever expect her to be or should I say, all that tv said she would be.  Picture Martin Lawrence, but shorter.  She was elderly.  Black.  Bigg-ish.  Her hair was under a scarf in curlers, dyed blonde and she ruled her roost with an iron fist!  When we talk to our kids, it sounds like when you shout down into the valleys of the mountains and you get to hear your sentence bounce back at you about four times.  Big Mama must have enforced an “I speak once, you get the f moving” rule.  She was respected by her kids and grandkids because just by the looks and sounds of her, she demanded nothing less from them.  Either that or they much preferred having teeth in their mouths. 

Philly and I live in different countries.  I’m sure by Black American you could tell straight away that he was from Siberia.  Well, his not.  Man, what a story do I have for my grandkids!  Ohhhhh, come-onnnnn!  You haven't heard anything like that before?  Long-distance is not that uncommon, and I admit, different countries is pushing it to the giddy limit, but before this?  Neither had I, so at least, at some point, we were on the same page...just?  I, have now experienced it and you haven't!  Na-nanana-na!!  And yes, my tongue was pulled out and so was my head cocked to the side while I gloated on that one.  Felt like I was five years old for a minute there, which brings me to a point I never had to begin with.  I wonder if time travel will ever exist beyond the Back to the Future sequels and that one episode of Zack and Cody when they snuck into wacky Arwin’s homemade time machine.  Must’ve seen that episode about 47 times.  And before I give the impression that I’m obsessed, it wasn’t by choice, it was a torture tactic designed by satellite tv in favour of children everywhere but if it did, I wonder which year in my life I'd wanna go back to and re-experience?  Which year, month or day, would YOU want to go back to?  Would you want to change anything?  Would you just want to go back and relive that moment?  Would you just want to go back to dropkick somebody because you were too scared to do it then?  Just asking...

Hmmmmmmm?  I don’t remember much about my childhood before a certain age except for flashes here and there and then some things that have stuck whether or not I wanted them to.  And look at that?  May just be that I actually DO remember much about my childhood.  All I know for sure is that it feels pre-historic in comparison to my children’s childhood.  They are still children by the way.  My daughter is 17 turning 40, my son is 11 turning 6 and Philly has a 10 year old son as well.  Can’t place a finger on a time I’d want to relive though.  A few dropkicks would surely come in handy though...hmmmmm...still thinking...I look mighty thoughtful right now, you can't see me but I promise, I do!  The blogger reserves the right to sleep on that thought in the hope that it might just come to me in time for my second blog entry!  Be sure to come back and we can reminisce together!  Until then...Ramble Responsibly!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good sexy & some GREAT ADVICE AT THE END; Ramble... Responsibly...!
    If only everyone thought about that one & realized that even something like rambling, requires a certain level of responsibility to it. You start rambling to the wrong person? Cannnnnnnn, cause trouble! Rambling to your boss about your bad drinking habits? Mmmmm, couldddddddddd, create some problems if they see the wrong things come out at odd times when you're supposed to be working & they always thought you slurred because you were tired every friday afternoon & monday morning!

    Ramble responsibly, IIIIIIIIIIIII say, you trademark that phrase. It's catchy. And it makes perfect sense. That's my two cents on the subject....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete