Tuesday 17 March 2015

Just a phase

When did we even get here?
Lying in the same bed, feeling anything but near
It's as though our emotions have packed up and gone
Present in body only and the rest of us somewhere far

I'm not sayin' anything you're not already thinkin', I'm sure
But baby, staying silent to avoid the pain only hurts more
Maybe we should consider going our separate ways
We won't be the first to have confused love with what was just a phase

You gotta admit that this emotional distance is crippling
And I've been through too much to stay some place unfulfilling
I know you have too, that's why I'd rather we cut our losses
I'd rather we part than keep looking at this through rose-coloured glasses

We don't have to be like the others, we don't have to wait to feel that resentment
That's usually where the heart heads when emptiness replaces contentment
Both secretly unhappy but too afraid to make the first move
But should we fear living our lives and the point it'd prove?

If I thought there was anything left worth fighting for it'd be different
The years we've spent together somehow don't feel relevant
At least not enough to drift through another ten or even twenty
And then look back and hate on the fact that we missed out on plenty

By (c) 2015 Stacey Kell
2015.03.18

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment