Saturday 28 March 2015

One Flew Outa the Cookoo's Nest...Well? Almost!

In just a week, my daughter will begin a new life, in a new place, surrounded by new people and I couldn't be more proud of her. I've spent the past weeks fighting back the tears, yessssss, yes, you already know this.......losing mostly but trying my damnedest to remember that this experience will be an extraordinary one for her. And a learning curve for me. Learning to live through the morning and evenings knowing that she's no longer under my roof. I can't say that it's going to be one that I'm gonna enjoy. Missing someone that you life for, never is.

Proud and heartbroken. That's honestly what I am. A good heartbroken, hahahhahaha! A happy heartbroken. As if there is such a thing. I guess you could say I've reached a milestone in my parenting life. I kinda forgot that as a parent, that happens too. Dammmmit! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?

A-hem! Ummmmmmmmmm-woooooooooooooo-ummmmmmmmmmm-woooooooooooooo. A-deeeeeeeeep-getting-myself-in-order-breathing-exercise is currently underway....

It had to happen at some point, right? Your children generally don't stay with you forever, they grow up too. But d'you know what makes this eeeeven harder? Being a Coloured! Yes, I said, being a Coloured.

You'd relate if you're one of us. If you're one of us, you know exactly what I'm about to say. Uh-huh. Us Coloureds have this possessive habit of trying to hold onto our children and needing to have them up in our faces 'til we're alllll old and grey but.......

OMG! Wait, I gotta show you this.....there ya go, had to snap that, let me just...lemme just attach this pic.....meanwhile, he's fast asleep! LIKE THAT! Exposed balls, twisted up like a pretzel, tongue peeping outa his mouth! Hahahahahahhaha! SMDH! Men, I telya! That's probably how some of you women look on your honeymoon night too, huh!? Excluding the balls, ofcourse. Unless?! Unless, you kept that a surprise! Hehehehe!

Yeah but times are a-changing and we simply have to adapt, don't we? No, we don't. I mean, yes, we do! Easier said than done, though. I will now understand in it's entirety, how my mum felt when she walked into my empty room once I'd gotten married. The difference here is that my baby won't be just five minutes away. Even if I swim fast, LOL!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd? This post is about to end 'cause ay, I really can't think about this for very long.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment