Monday 26 August 2013

You Should Ear This!

Ali's earrings were so eye-catching on Saturday night, I simply had to tell her!  Like so many others?  Blessed souls that they are.  I've learnt too, that should you have nothing nice to say?    Best thing to do is to swallow. 

Swallow!  I say!  And then do a weeks detox.  Rather it cause indigestion in your own intestines than cause that poor person you just had to ask, "Why are you putting on so much weight?" to limp through their day wondering if their ass indeed did look wider than a three-hundred year old tree trunk! 

For me?  There's just never a good enough reason to make someone feel bad.  There're root canals designed specifically for that purpose.  Look.  Let's be honest for a minute.  We've alllllllllllllll, at some point in our lives, crossed paths with people who take tremendous pride in crushing the next persons spirit!  I had to check someone just the other day for doing that.  Yeaaaah!  Me.  Can you believe it! 

Not. Cool!  If you're one of those people?  Since that appears to be your comfort zone?  Hell awaits you.  Ay….I'mmmm juss saying.  Don't be all, "You didn't warn me" and shit when I’m sitting in heaven because I swallowed!  And?  NO, no!  No, NO!  This is not me damning anybody to the fiery pits of eternal torment.  Or Zimbabwe.  same difference.  This is me promising you that, inside?  That's all you're ever gonna feel.  Inner joy is pretty short-lived when the basis for it is something toxic.  'S alllll I'm saying. 

Men and women alike, and I don’t give two flying fantasies about what anybody says.  Heh-heh-heh.....you thought Ima use the other F word, didn't you?  Gotcha!  They care about their appearance and most likely?  Hey, they know that their clothes are a little tighter than they used to be.  And you might not even know whether the cause of it, is something psychological.  The moment you make those dumbass comments, thinking it’s cute to be crude?  Ofcourse that person might drop kick the toxins offa your tongue (gohhh person) or worse?  Their confidence goes straight to Shitville.  So tell me what’s the harm in looking them over one more time, and finding something you can compliment them on?  No harm!  Less swallowing

Thankfully though, that didn't apply to this situation.   I gave credit where credit was due.  Only for her to say, "Ooooooooooooooooooooo!"  Can’t say I was expecting that response, when my statement was, “You’re earrings are stunning!”  Heh-heh-heh!  HoweVer?  It was a reaction that I immediately recognized.  Amidst my anticipating giggle, I say, "There's a story behind them, right?"  I love Ali’s stories.  ^_^!  After the second "Oooooooooooooooooooo!"  I knew then and there it was gonna be a good one! 

So I inch in a little closer!

Inch

Inch

You know what happened then?  

I inched again.

My short, little, innovative cousin goes on to explain, "See?  I forgot to wear earrings so I had to break these things offa my hair-piece!" 

This was me, O_O!  “Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaahahahahahhaa!  Wait?  How are they staying on?  You glued them to your ears?"  I'm quite curious, never about history though, so while I'm laughing and asking?  I'm also wondering"You remembered to carry GLUE to a party but you forgot to wear EARRINGS?" 

This!  People?  Is the very same cousin who set the bottom of her new sweat-suit on fire in her car a few years back.  Girl thought she threw her cigarette outa the window only for it to boomerang right back in and land on the floor of the drivers side and then, "Sweet Jesus, it's a fiuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!"   She told me, LMAO,  "I wondered why it felt all hot by my feet!"

Fortunately, this hair-piece thingamajig sticks to the hair so there was no need for any inappropriate use of glue.  I somehow don't see that ending well.  At ALL!  Personally, I've never considered glueing anything to my ears to the point of actually doing it.  So at this stage, it's merely an assumption on my part?  You’re welcome to share your glueing experience should you have one.

My dilemma for right now?  I don't know, accurately, how to explain this hair-piece?  I didn't even see it, come to think of it, so I'm gonna wing it as best as I can!  It's not hair though.  That much I cannnn say.  If you're picturing one of those fake ponytails?  You're worst off than I am.  She didn't have two ponytails hanging from her ears.  Our conversation woulda been rather different if that were the case.  Just from what I saw of the "earrings," it was one of those diamond encrusted looking thingys.  You knowwwwww what they are!  Help a girl out, DAMMIT!  Just think....HairThingy.  Then you'll know precisely what I'm talking about.

Aaaaaaaaaargh!  >_<!  I'm doing a putrid job of explaining it.  Plus?!?!?!  I'm a woman and it's a woman accessory.  Bad Rambler!  In case you're aren’t sure anymore?  I do have hair.  It's down to my ass.  But I'm not the hair-thingy kinda girl.  My hair-thingy's are comprised of slouch caps, beanies and bandanas.  None of which would get me out of any kinda earring situation!  Mannnnnnnn, my confidence is taking a hugggge knock, here!  Hmmmmmmmmmmm-hm?!?  This is what happens when you have more sneakers in your closet than hair-thingy's.  Let this be a lesson to you!  Be knowledgeable, my fellow women, as a woman, about woman things!  

But?!?  I shan't give up.  Nope.  The best explanation I can give, short of drawing it?  And I will, if my hand is forced!  Is to call it…(drum rolllllllll please)…..

.......................a hair-ornament

Now please?  My bones are telling me that I need to clear something up.  By ornament, I don’t mean one of those maroon and white ceramic dog families that your mum has in the corner of the lounge and just point blank refuses to throw out.  Shhhhhhhhhhh, don’t tell our mother’s I said this but…don't-don’t you just wanna knock it over?   Like....Oooooooooooooooooooooops!  We can’t though, can we?  For me, Sunday lunch is on the line.  For you?  I haven’t a clue, but I’d rather stare at the ceramic pets than ruin a life-long family tradition.

The ornament that I am referring to?  Is one of those evening-wear accessories that you put on your hair, in the evening, where you know!  Without a doubt!  Should you forget your earrings at home?  You're covered


Just like half of Ali's ear-lobes!  I wish you’d seen them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment