Monday 10 March 2014

Conflict Management

I'm still here! Been putting the second draft touches on my book as well as battling the heat! D'you know what a hell pit it's been here lately?!?!? Woahhhhh!!!! And by that I mean, woe!!!! Is us! We're walking around here like wet fowls, dripping from head to toe in hotness! Wait, hehehehe, I think I should rap about it!

Woe, whoooooooah, woe!
Dis heat got us dripping from head to toe
Da sun it aint playin'
Just got us all sayin'
Phewww! Dannng! What the hell?!?
Dis heat got our ankles a-swell!
Eskom be sayin, put them ac's on twenythree's
We're like, huh?!? Ya'll tryna bring us to our knees
Den just for askin' that simple question?
Dey turn off the lights and say electricity recession!
Hmmmmpf! No warning, just be pullin the plugs!
Havin us leaving wet trails like dem nasty ol' slugs
Melting like someone done sprinkled salt on our backs
Can't hide our steps coz da sun got us leavin' tracks
Woe, wh

LOL! Lemme stop talking hogwash...rapping...hogwash and get down to business! The business of sleeping. ZzzzzzzzZzzz! Okayyyyy, alrighhhhht, I'll wait 'til the ennnnd of the blog post to ZzzzzzzzzzzZ! People are so sensitive these days. Why can't we all just sleep when we need to?!? Eh! I've been needing to sleep a lot these days. 'Specially at work, dunno if I'm being tested or what! To see how I handle conflict. Yep! It sure does feel that way. That I'm conflicted, tryna stay awoke but tryna sleep at the same time. It's tricky! It's like hearing theeee best joke and fighting against laughing! O_o! I'd never survive that.

Other day, I was sitting there, doing my work. All of a sudden? I hear a LOUD BANG! Like, BOOM! I know you're over there saying, OH NO SHE DI'INT! And you'd be right! Oh no, I di'int! It's funny though, isn't it? How everytime there's an "all of a sudden"? We immediately think that something loud s'posed to have startled us! You wanna know what startled me? I bit my damn tongue! >_<! Don't laugh! No, no, don't laugh! It woke me hectic! It mighta been my teeth's way of protecting my face? Not sure. But thank you, teeth! You saved me from what coulda been an embarrassing situation had I needed to walk over there to ask my boss if I could leave to see the doctor.
"Why's your nose bleeding?"
"I was pretending to meditate 'cause my eyes wouldn't stay open..."
"So? You were asleep?"
"Sleep is such a strong word! I'd prefer to say that my face slipped for no apparent reason..."
"Get out!"
"O_O!"

I'll bet the heat caused that. Or my upside down insides. Not fair to single out the heat like that, it's cooler today and I dowanna make the cooler weather fairy mad! Ya never know when she could stumble across ya blog and then be like, "Okay, ingrate...ima roast ya Coloured ass jusssssssss for that!"


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment