Tuesday 25 March 2014

Speaking the Unlaughable!

Had a conversation with a friend today.
.
.
.
Sssssss.sss.sss.ssssss...s-s-ssssss (I'm whistling with my tongue against my teeth)
.
.
.
It's not finished so I can't tell you about it. 'Cause if I tell you now and then..'Cause see the ending, today's ending, right? Might not be tomorrows ending then I'll be lying. I'll be Lying At Random. Better still? What if the conversation turns from aspirations to asp...aspi?...aspirins or something wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to the North of our initial subject. Or South? What if the conversation goes South?

You've had one of those, haven't you? Those convo's where you just said something that you thought was @#*@?! hilarious and you're laughing sooooh damn hard that you start coughing and shit? Meanwhile, on the other end of the phone or table, the victim of your joke just gave the cat their tongue like, "Here, catch this. I need to drain this snorting idiot of all her comfort!"

Yeaaaaaaah! Whoooooooo-woooo! Have I been there!! There have been times in the not too distant past where I thought my sense of humour was hitting levels of putridity...LMFAO!

It's been a while....grinnnnn.

A-HEM!

Either way, that was until I realized that it's not me. It's the other person. It's their experiences and hang-ups that caused that reaction. Which when I think about it? Happens. It does. It happens. Ofcourse, we found a lot of the same things funny and we found verrrrrry different things funny too. But I've since learnt from disasters of that kind. I've learnt that even though its been scientifically proven that opposites attract? When relating to another person, that's sometimes just bullshit on a bun! Sommmetimes.

The people that I surround myself with now are like-people. By that I mean, like me in most ways. Look? Diversity is not a bad thing but when it IS a bad thing? It's a baddddddd thing.

But enough of that!

It's got to be one of the most uncomfortable feelings on earth to say something that you don't really know or think would upset someone and you're tearing the sides of your mouth laughing....then you hear, "What did you just say?"

O_O! (Intro cartoon sound when the characters eyeballs are going from side to side. Plop plop plop plop!)

You immediately forget what you just said too, huh?!?. Almost like that question in THAT scenario shocks your memory into blankness! You're looking in the mirror, I don't have a mirror by my phone, I'm talking about those people who do. I told you some time back, my vanity has limits. You're looking in the mirror or okay, just looking...at the blinds. Looking at the blinds and you can actually feel your face burn. Possibly because you're so nervous that you lit your left cheek instead of the cigarette you suddenly needed.

Now you're tryna remember what you said, 'cause you were asked. It would be rude to ignore a question directed straight at you. You're wishing that Telkom would mysteriously cut your line. THAT MINUTE! At least to give you time to remember what "unforgivably insensitive" thing you just said. Your face is on fiurrrrrre! SWEET JESUS! You're probably looking ugly as shit with that weirded out, expression on your face! Plus burnt cheeks is not a look that most people are able to pull off. Alllllllll because you asked a riddle or said something that evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverybody else found funny. Well? Except for the person who didn't. You thought you were safe. There, there...I understand.

Me? I live to laugh so I take offence when I'm laughing and it's gotta lead to all of that drama. Laughter is meant to lead to happiness. I take offence to anything that could lead to me setting fire to my face. I've never experienced that though but I know this much! You gotta draw the line somewhere, right? Fires are for bushes. Or hiding evidence or something.

-_-

Whaaaaaaaaat?!?

They do it all the time on the Crime and Investigation Channel! You must not be paying attention. I'll bet OscaR's wishing he started some fires right about now. His ass is still up in that court room crying like a baby. I guess that's what you do when you're being faced with the deadly truth about who you've (cough) ALLEGEDLY, become.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment