Saturday 17 May 2014

Sliding Suspicions!

So. By now you know that the ANC has won the national elections. Yet. Again. :-/

Note. My. Excitement.

-_-

And by a landslide, too. If there was an unhappy land to slide on? That's what I'd be doing. Zooooooooooooooooooom! Anything BUT celebrate that blasted win. Eh, I won't even throw my hands up in the air like I care!! Nothing! Nothing that could be confused for a gesture of celebration.

Hey? Pssssssst! You there.....remember how we used to slide down banks on flattened cardboard boxes when were young-----er? They were just there, weren't they? (Frown) W-wait a minute. O_O! Just hit me... the suspiciousness of it all. Aren't you suspicious? I'm suspicious. It just washed over me like hot suspicious rain. What? Ofcourse there's such a thing!

Lemme tell you why.....

'Cause where? Where are they now? Yes, I know they're stacked up in the front of Fruit and Veg City, but I'm saying, where are they NOWWW LIKE THEY USED TO BE. HUUUUUUUUUUH? HUH? See that? I'm making you think, aren't I? When you get right down to the nitty gritty of what I might've just stumbled upon. The regression of availability of the cardboard boxes to children. You'll realize that like me....you also don't see cardboard boxes just laying around waiting to be flattened and slid on at a whim, do you? No!

I don't think it has anything to do with cleanliness or recycling. You DO remember who our government is, right?! Maybe that's what they'd like us to belieeeeeve. I'm not falling for it. If a person can't translate monetary value in speeches, then recycling has to be the furthest thing from their mind. I have the video and I'm not afraid to use it! And then clean streets? Pffffffffffffffft!!! Have you seen the city centre lately. By lately, I mean since 1994. Let us have a moment of silence in memory a spotless-ish, vendor free West Street.

Here's the thing. We'd do our homework. Some of us. Other's preferred getting lashed with canes in school the next day. You know who you are. Probably into all that S&M shit now too as adults. Yup! Bondage lovers aren't born. They grow out of one's who didn't do their homework in school. It's true. I've not a shred of proof but if it makes sense...hey, you know. Go ahead and ask an S&M'er, they'll tell you. (And then after you get ya ass whipped, A-HEM...c-come back here and tell ME what they tell you.)

We'd all come out to play and it took but one of us to even just suggest sliding!!! For them magic boxes to suddenly appear! Suddenly! I say suddenly because how did anyone know? Boxes can't know. They don't have brains. They can't know and just walk over to within an eye-view of children talking amongst themselves! So how do you explain there being enough for each of us on any given weekday to have our own when one of us suggested sliding down the bank and possibly flipping over onto oncoming traffic on Amoora Road? It never happened. I don't----i don't think? But it could have.

And that could be IT!!!!!!! It could have been a conspiracy to get rid of us. Like here. Have a cardboard box. Slide to your demise. Whaaaaaa-ha-ha-ha!!!! Or banks. Because they're dangerous like that. I dunno yet. I'm weighing up options here and you're not helping.

Maybe the cardboard placers realized that kids of today would rather slide their fingers across a cellphone screen than slide their asses down a bank on a piece of cardboard. Sad. They know not what they're missing. Yep! Still grasping at straws here, feel free to jump in at any time. LOL, just had an vision. Imagine sliding on a cellphone? Whoooooooo-hooooooo! Ya ass would be grass-burned to a standstill! But at least you'd be able to call someone to bring you Vaseline.

I'm just saying...the neighbours weren't always moving or buying new furniture. Room dividers came fully built back then. Plus they were called room dividers. Even that?!? I mean, seriously? Our's stood against the wall. Walls divided rooms. WTF!?

Allllll of those logistics, but yet? There were enough boxes when we felt like sliding down dangerous banks. Think people! Think! And the banks were readily available too. Okay, there still are readily available banks. That's taking it too far. Strike that. And I don't remember keeping mine, either. Not like the stocking. Man, I loved that game!

The stocking? We kept the stocking ropey thingy that we made to do the hoppy one leg over out other leg over turn and all, so much fun, because laddered stockings were not a dime a dozen. We went home prayiiiiiiiiiing that our mothers thigh got caught by a nail or something 'cause the longer the stocking, the better. We'd visit family members hoping their thighs were ill-fated during that week too. "You want some juice?" "No, but do you have any laddered stockings?" "O_o"

Hmmmmmmmm?!? Makes you wonder, huh? I don't know what! But I'm sure you're wondering something. I'm wondering how the ANC still won by such a huge margin! No, I'm not. Like half the population, I DO know. Didn't stop me from being as shocked as I was though. Not because they won. But because they won! Like THAT! I didn't think they'd win like THAAAAA-AAAT! Even with all of the ballod boxes that were found dumped in the bushes or in the houses of ministers.

Hey? You think they wanted to flatten them, like------------ to slide?

Blink.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment