Friday 4 July 2014

All's Well That Ends Well!

I'm typing this from my very own bed!  Whoooooooooop!  Yes!  That means I'm home and happy to be!  I left the hospital laughing about the crazy things that my surgeon said once again.  He comes to see me before he discharges me..............

Doc: Hey, that thing was bigger than I thought huh!

Me: For real!
Doc: Ya.
Me: But you took it all out?
Doc: Oh ya and I closed it up, it may turn septic
Me: O_o........gulp.....OHHkay
Doc: I tried to save you from another anesthetic
Shows me my own wound
Me: So what do I do if it does turn septic?
Doc: (makes a face) Don't worry, it won't get septic. You pray, I pray, we all pray! Won't get septic!
Me: LMAO! But if it does?
Doc: Phone me, say, Doc, my breast is sore, swollen? U come in, I open it up again, and clean it out. I tried to save you from anesthetic again 'cause see here, if I didn't close it, you woulda needed an anesthetic when I stitched it up, if it gets septic, you'll need anesthetic, but if it doesn't then you, ay, you hundreds! Come see me, what was yesterday? Tuesday?
Me: Wednesday
Doc: Ohya, come see me Tuesday k.


I'm praying that he's praying hahahahahaha!  As crazy as he is, I feel no fear as far as he is concerned though.  And that's crazy even for me, because my mom shoulda named me Worry.

Butttttt!  The worst is over, now it's just for ya Rambler to heal up and then I'm good as new!  Just a lot of pain right now but you know the old saying, "I'd rather be in pain from healing than from the cyst!"  Okay, alllllright! You caught me.  It's a brand new two minute ago saying.  But I said it so it automatically becomes a saying.

Sitting up right now, thinking as usual and grateful mostly.  My niece Sharde' and my daughter Paige have been really amazing since I've gotten home yesterday, doing everything that they can to make sure I did little to nothing and for whatever reason I'm kinda thinking that since I got so much sleep during my hospital stay, that that was maybe the reason that this happened.  Sometimes I honestly have to be forced to do things that I should be doing naturally so I killed two birds with one stone this week.  I got the rest that I needed and got this alien outa my breast!  (Don't tell anyone but it's sorta 1.27am right now.)  I totally blame these pain meds.  The bottle clearly states, "CAUSES DROWSINESS!"  Lies.  I'm gonna try to get some rest now though, orders from my daughter!  LOL!

And that, my faithful friends, is the update from the land of the Rambler and now over to you, John...

A-hem.

John's my journalist alter-ego for those of your who didn't know.  Yeah.  We just met!  And from John and myself, we'd like to wish all of the citizen's of America, a happy, healthy, safe and blessed Fourth of July!

We remember being in the States on the Fourth of July, yep.  John and I!  We were absolutely amazed at the fireworks in Chicago!  Smiley faces!  Red, blue and white and then I told you about the rainy Fourth of July New York fireworks Ali and I enjoyed with our freshly made up faces!

Mannnnnnnnn, I have wonderful memories of the US!  And I'll surely be back one day to make more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment