Saturday 28 February 2015

Outa the Box

Wrote this thinking about the fact that sometimes we really don't see what's been or who's been in front of us all along. Sometimes we actually do but because it doesn't fit the picture of how we've always imagined life or love to be, we pass it up, trying to create that perfect imagery and wonder why at the end of it, it's back to the imaginary drawing board. These little boxes that we've built to live in can be what prevents us from being our happiest. It sometimes takes just one decision, one decision to punch through the boxes and then discover a whole new sense of existence. Here's to what and who I've always known to be my missing piece.


U R Me

If I had to put together the perfect man from scratch
He'd have your heart, your soul, every thread of hair would match
Your smile he would smile, the same eyes through which you see me
I'd mould him into your likeness so that he'd fit me completely

To me you're the truth I never thought I'd be told
A movie about purity I keep watching, never gets old
You're the warmest sweater I have hanging in my closet
I'm so in love with the way you're my favourite place to visit

If I could I'd switch places with you for just a few minutes
That's all the time that you'd need to be convinced
To feel how in every existing way it is that you fill me
How no matter what comes or goes, to me, you mean eternity

I've never been able to reach this level of elation
That tells me that every step I ever took were steps in your direction
I believe in this bond, I believe in the feelings that you inspire
I've always dreamed of being linked to a love I knew would never expire

I'm thinking I musta done something right, eventu-ally
'Cause you came like this gift, wrapped just for me
One that I get to open, over and over, on the daily
And then listen to it whisper three words, "U R Me"

By (c) 2015 Stacey Kell
2015.02.27



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment