Thursday 12 February 2015

#SONA2015 Disgrace of the Nation

I'm speechless!
The State of the Nation address tonight, well...what I could stomach to watch that is, was funny to say the least, wasn't it? And not in a HAHAHAHA kinda way. Noooooh, no ne-ooooh. More like in a, "Funny how they didn't see that coming from the EFF and us little people could!" kinda way.
My mum had called me to see how I was doing earlier and she was beyond excited about it! I was sitting there watching it and thinking, "You did say 'I'm just waiting for it to see what mad acts are gonna go on.'" That was after I said, "I'm not watching it, that foolishness is just gonna make me angry!"
It worked! I'll give our South African government this much though. That buncha "I've run our of names", they never disappoint! Not when it comes to turning our beautiful country into a three-ring circus.
Right now we don't have electricity on a continuous basis, yet we have this arrogance. We don't have security on any basis, yet we have this arrogance. We don't have hygienic government hospitals, yet we have this arrogance. We don't have desks and chairs and textbooks in certain government schools, yet we have this arrogance.
Appalling, and that's putting it mildly. I say arrogance because if our government genuinely cared about this country, they would recognise that they are hardly equipped to run it yet they refuse to admit it but what they are more than willing to do is blame a government structure that was last in power, 21 years ago! That's arrogance of the worst kind.
If you're reading this, you must have internet access and if you have internet access, I dare you to go and look up the video's of what went down tonight in parliament. Needless to say? After the drama....and something as simple as this....When the President was introducing his special guests, whoooo-hooooo, how nice, and referred to our Miss World, as Ronell Strauss and not Rolene? I got up and walked out! JUST like the DA did after Madam Speaker #2 took us all on a TOTALLY UNNECESSARY roller coaster ride just to get a simple answer from the question, "Were those the SAPS or were those the parliamentary security that came in to remove the EFF!"
D'you know what came to mind? When a kid presses their lips together so hard that you can't even hope or threaten to get one drop of their antibiotic into their mouth! Or when you're eating a sandwich next to your son and think to yourself, "He will like this." And you're like, "Damo, taste this...." While lovingly shoving the slice of your sandwich so close to his face that crumbs are falling on his eyeballs.
And then;
Damon: "No thanks, Ma."
The mother (just because I named him my son's name, doesn't make the mother, m(cough)e): "Just taste it, you will like it."
Damon, eyeing the lettuce: "Nooooh, Ma, I don't want. I just ate."
The mother: "Damon?!?! I'm ordering you! Just a smalllllll bite! Taste iT!"
Damon, appearing slightly confused at the mother's insistence, puts distance between himself and the slice of bread: "M-mmmmmm, how Ma?"
The mother, with pursed lips begins to speak without separating her top row of teeth from her bottom: "J------Jus------JUST taste it! A small bite! You will LIKE it!"
Damon relents and opens his mouth jusssssssssst enough for a minute bite."
The mother watches his reaction!
Damon stares at the rest of the sandwich.
The mother: "See?!?"
Damon: "Can I have another bite please?"
She would not answer that question for NOTHING!!! Until she was felt the breadcrumbs in eyeballs! Until she realized that they were not gonna stop asking that question! Only then, after all of the pointless round-and-round-the-merry-go-round vomit she kept spewing out, she then decided to be arrogant enough to say that she couldn't pick out who is SAPS and who wasn't. Arrogance! That's when the DA walked out. I bet I know what was in their minds at that point but freedom of speech will not allow me to divulge.
Anyhoo.....Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle. Out they go. Meanwhile back on the presidents face? Not a damn thing is happening! His mouth did not open! I guess when it all comes down to it, one cannot demand the respect that they don't deserve and I couldn't help wondering if something like this would ever happen when Nelson Mandela spoke, when Obama spoke?
The man sat silent amidst all of these top class performances. And if he did speak, it might have been during my trip to "WTF hell goes on in this place I call home?!?!" We've all been there so-so you know very well how distracting that journey is.
I didn't watch any further so I can't responsibly ramble about what followed. Most of my stitches came out today, I'm just not tryna bust open my wounds due to frustration. I refuse to put myself in any kinda danger over this bullllllsh!t! Watching the parts that I did watch were already threatening the little bit of sanity that I have left.

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!












No comments:

Post a Comment