Friday 3 April 2015

My Babies Are Grown

My house sure does feel empty today...here they are taking their first real steps into the real world and it fits. It fits, that they would decide to do that in a whollllle different country.

I'm so proud of them.

You know? This is something that my generation hardly did. At least, more of us didn't, than did. I can only speak of South Africa here but my daughters generation, it seems? They're a braver lot.

I remember going to Johannesburg to look for work after I finished school. I lasted about two weeks. I'm not mad though. We all have a path that we're gonna take, one way or another. I can't imagine having stayed in Johannesburg then. It woulda changed the course of my life completely. But that wasn't my road. This was my road.

And this? This is theirs!





Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment