Friday 5 July 2013

A Fourth of July Makeover


Had to pass by to wish you guys a great 4th of July!  :-)  I'mmmmm too sweet-y for this post...too sweet-y for th.......Whatever happened to that guy?  "I'm too sexy for a singing career"  Whaaaaaat?  A singing career, my shirt?!?  Like there's a difference.  That’s what happens when you profess to be so sexy, it hurts.  It hurt, alright.  And?  Whyyyy am I picturing him in a lumo tank top?

All I’m saying is that at least Milli Vanilli made more than one song.  With other peoples voices, but still.  They had nations, fooled.  Don't act like you weren't getting down to those fraudulent jams!  You were right there....fraudulently dancing, weren’t you?  Come-on.  You knew all the words to “Girl you know it’s true”, didn’t you?  I did.  That’s just a lie not worth telling.  Admission is the first step to healthy guilt.  You heard it here first!

Onto today’s weather report.  It's a rainy one in Durban and the only significance the day holds here, is that it's Friday tomorrow.  There'll be no fireworks.  Unless someone puts together a last minute ANC / IFP march down the main city street.  Gungunglovu Street or some crap like that.  Don’t quote me.  You might get lost.  So?  No fireworks, no celebrations.   Unless Julius Malema's mouth suddenly disappears off of his face. 

As you can see there are oodles of possibilities but noooooooooh, jussssst an ordinary winters day out here along these coastal parts.  Uh_oh....my washing machine sounds as though it needs to go for speech therapy.  Not.  A.  good.  Sign. 

Reminicing is great, isn’t it?  So glad we were given memory.  Sitting here, thinking about 2008.  The last time I saw a 4th of July.  >_<!!!  That kinda didn’t come out right, did it?  O_o. I sound dead.  Good thing I wasn’t dead five years ago on this day.  Else, I wouldn’t be able to share this 4th of July story with you

Ali, Gills and myself....three of us.  You can count.  Okay, no need for sarcasm. 

We find ourselves in the heart of New York City, right?  I say that like I wasn’t on the plane sitting next to Ali.  Whose ankles coulda easily represented Puff Daddy on the reality show, “Which Body Part presents a Celebrity’s name”.  It’s not out yet, but I’m sure it’s in the pipeline. 

Therrrrrrre we were....wandering around in the city that never sleeps.  Thinking that it was a first-class idea to go to Sephora for a make over.  We absolutely loved it in there.  Psssssssst...peep this.  You can use allllllllllll of their makeup to your hearts content.  For free.  And nobody calls security.  So, after a long day of walking the city flat and shopping and posing for pictures?  We go in there and Gillian?  She wants smokey eyes, right.  LMAO!  Ali wanted something.  I cant remember what it was but I remember clearly what she got.  

As for me?  I much prefer the natural look, but because I wore a green tshirt...?  Dammit!  :-/  You know, I'm just weak.  My will, it was proven, is no match for a make-up artist hellbent on green eyeshadow.  Had I known I was about to be colour coded?  I’da pitched nude.    

By the way.  I’ve been trying to find the pics to actually show you guys and that's the reason I've posted this late.  But I promise to post them once I find them, okay? 

Lemme tell you something.  We walked in there, Stacey, Ali and Gillian.  We walked outa there……Two K’s and a YTF.  And I don’t mean in the Kim and Kourtney take New York, kinda way.  I mean the opposite.  I mean, Kermit, Kimora and YTF are your eyelids pitch black, kinda way!

I think Gillian was traumatised.  She had to have been since she didn’t make it to the fireworks display that night.  But Kimora and I did.  It rained, I remember but thanks to our hoods, our make-up stayed intact.  Now whether that’s a good or a bad thing?  You can judge for yourself once I post the pics.  Me?  I’m trying to understand why I’m saying thanks to...I guess because scaring innocent children wasn’t what we were there to do.  


^_^!  Happy 4th of July, everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment