Wednesday 1 January 2014

Day One of January 2014

Here I am, on the first day of 2014! Waiting for a dozen long rolls at the grocery store. The best thing about being here is that I'm alive, I'm healthy and I'm able. Else IIIIIIII dunno who exactly woulda be standing here getting rolls for my mum. They're fresh too! BONUSSSS! I had to walk around for fifteen minutes. My will power's at its best! That's a good sign right there. I bought nothing I didn't need just to pass the time! But I'm alive! Thank you, Lord. <3 It is only by your love and grace.

That only means that my work here is not yet done. I have another moment. Or possibly many more to come. With my children, Paige and Damon, with my family and with my friends, too many to mention. Even though we're spread far and wide across this vast earth. In different time zones, different seasons even. Love is what keeps us in a common place. Isn't that just a beautiful, beautiful thing. Like His existence? Love, as intangible as it is? Affects us in the most powerful of ways. It teaches us to appreciate what we can't see. Think about those we can't touch. Pray for people we haven't even met.

Have faith...all of you.

Feel peace...all of you.

I have another moment. Or maybe many more to come. To fulfill whatever destiny has been set out for me. With all that I born with and whatever I've learnt along the way, I have the tools, and so do you, to do that very thing. Don't be afraid. We all get that way sometimes. I'm 41 years old and cockroaches still scare the shit outa me! Hence, I've made a concious decision never to submit an entry form to Fear Factor! As I said, we're all afraid sometimes. Until we realize that fear, not inability, is our ultimate crutch. All you need is support and encouragement. Whether it's from within yourself or someone who genuinely loves you. It is amazing what we can do when we have even one person standing behind us with enough belief in us to lift one foot and start walking. Make us move when our feet feel like anchors. And I mean pure belief. Where it's only for your good, not theirs. Selfless belief. Not for a chance to say to you, "It's because of me that you were able to do that!" No-no, I'd much rather hear orrrrrr say, "I'm so happy that you were able to draw inspiration from me. I'm proud of what you've achieved."

Believe...all of you

Encourage...all of you

As far as a resolution? At my age, I'm not so sure resolutions are a part of our New Year experience. At least, they're not a part of mine anymore. I wanna strive instead, to improve of the parts of me that make me, me. And do better, the things that I have already been doing. I just feel that it's smarter not to strive for failure since how many of our resolutions fall by the wayside by the time Valentines Day comes around. Hey, at least you were celibate for one month and thirteen days. O_o!

I'm so thankful for Indian people. No, for real! Not 'cause they invented curry or 'cause my hair is straight. I'm thankful for that too. But I was saved by one yesterday in KFC when this lady asked me to order her a cappuccino to save her from waiting thirty minutes in the line, right? I was like, "No problem!" Come time to pay for my order, they wouldn't take my card type and she insisted on paying for my order. I tried to refuse but she wouldn't let me. So I gave her the R100 cash I had in my bag, my wallet was at home 'cause I was on my way to the New Years Eve thingy. Damon was like, "Ma, I told you to go to the other KFC, they're quicker!" I told him, "No, I was supposed to come here, my Angel was waiting in this KFC." He understood.

Now? My car wouldn't start after my bread-roll wait at the grocery store? This indian man next to me was like, "Excuse me, your battery is dead." I thought, "Ya don't say?!" But instead I said, "Yeah, I don't know what to do now." If my tyre was flat, I woulda been okay. Not only have I learnt how to change a flat, but I love getting all greasy and fixing things. Indian Angel #2 then gets outa his car and kick-starts my car while the car guard and Damon pushed it! I'm now at my mums. ^_^!

Happy New Year, you guys! Hugs from ya Rambler!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment