Sunday 29 September 2013

Going, Going...

Last night was the FAREWELL farewell! Sob….She's leaving Durban just now before she goes home to pack and jet off to her new home, away from home. Dubai? You're not my favourite word at this moment, you sister stealer, you!

Meanwhile? My beloved sister has had about nine farewells by now, if you count the ones in Johannesburg. Lovable soul that she is.

But yeah….last night about thirty of our family members STORMED THE BASTILLE! That's what, I'm almost certain, the waiters thought! I could be wrong. But im not. Well? It was a restaurant. We stormed the Ocean Basket. Now I know? You see the name Ocean Basket and immediately you have visions of baby Moses drifting along a river, don't you? Not me. I used to imagine the tiny rolls they brought out before the meal. You know. The free one's. And the chilli paste and that mayonnaise mixture and the garlic. M-m! Now, however? I shall forever be reminded of Lynn's farewell and the fact that she asked Inky to send all the pics he took at dinner, to her Wuzupp! LMAO! She meant, whatsapp. With her, one has to read between the letters. While laughing 'til your cheeks hurt! Just-----just forgive her. She knows not what she says.

And like many senile elders? The waiters weren't old. But?!? Those energetic, youngsters, got a little taste of the effects that ageing sometimes has on our previous generation. I can bet both my thunder thighs that after a while, they were asking themselves, "Am I Arthur or Marthur." I don't know how that turned out. I should've asked before I left. Like, "All the Arthurs in this line and all the Marthur's in that one. Thank you, now I can tell my blog readers what the Arthur:Marthur ratio was." That's why its so important to carry your ID. But even still. Last night, not even an ID could save them.

But you know what? I'm just glad that for once in our collective gathering? People have shown that they have the ability to accept us. We didn't hear, "You are never to set foot on these premises again." Not once! By the way, that's very hurtful, other places that barred us! We will make it our duty never to return to your establishments. Not that we have a choice. But still. It's the principle of it. We won't, even when the ban period has ended. To date, we haven't had any correspondence to that effect from any of them, so at this point, a ban period, is purely an assumption. They're clearly not risk takers! That's no way to run ya business!

So thank you, Ocean Basket! At least you know that we were just born this way. Plus?! Plus?! Bonus! We weren't approached by police officers, just for talking. Too loud. Not once! They even let us re-arrange the seating. Twice! Eric and his team were on their best behaviour. Someone had to be. Lynn was refusing to leave because she thought it was 10pm when it was 11.30pm. Ali was arranging chairs outside for the elders for a group photo that wasn't taken. Then she sees light in the atm booth and suggests we move the shoot location to inside there. Zhar and Mish learnt what, "whatsabought" meant via my mum who was quietly, (but I heard), telling them that she doesn't know what she would do if I ever moved to America! And one of the many reasons why? Because when we were little, they brought us whatsabought and now? I bring them whatsabought. She obviously really likes whatsabought. A lot. We did too. We would run home when we saw my dad car pull up. We obviously liked whatsabought too. A lot.

What?! O_o

It's whatsabought. You knowwwwwww man!? Whatsabought. When ya dad or mum brings you goodies on a Friday. Like chocolates and crisps and soda and stuff. You don't know? Okay. I'm here to educate. Don't mention it. It's quite a sweet memory, actually. Whatsabought? You listening? Okay! Is short for "What you bought." Annnnnnnnnnnnd? There you go.

It doesn't end here….The storming of the airport hasn't happened yet!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment