Wednesday 4 September 2013

Reflections of a Roarrrrring Rambler

It's normally around this time of year that I remember, "Hey Rambler?  You're almost another year older."  Alllmost! 

I was reflecting last night, and by that I mean I updated my Facebook status.  Statuses are the new reflections, didn't you hear?  If you're my sister, then uhmmmmm, no.  But if you're me?  Over the last coupla days, I've been thinking.  I do that sometimes, believe it or not.  Doesn't even hurt.  I'm not Malema.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  Wait!  Hold on a second...I have to dance with my upper body.  R Kelly just started playing, haven't heard this song in yearrrrrs...."Hands in the aiiiiuuur, drinks everywheuuure....Party on th..."

O_O!!!  What the f...!?!?

Okay.  Well that's over.  :-\  Thank you Wendy

She just turned it off to listen to people answering questions on the radio.  Just 'cause its her car!  I dunno 'bout you?  But for me?  There's just no excuse for that kinda insolence.  Tomorrow, I'm gonna play MU WET's "Call me Hata" and just when her face brightens up or she starts singing?  I'm not even gonna be watching the road.  To hell with that!  The road will be her face, where I shall be searching for the moment where she's expresses peak enjoyment!  Then?!?  Ima turn it off and start singing...without a backing track. 

And now?  Back to what I was saying before I was curtly demotionalised.  Yes!  This has just been a surprisingly amazing year in the life of me.  Like if I was a movie, it would be called, "A Surprisingly Amazing Year in the Life of Me."  If you were watching me, the movie, right now?  You'd get to see me experiencing some pretty epic stuff!  Dude.  O_o!  It-it just seemed like something that had to follow the word epic(Shrug)

You'd get to watch me experience things, allllllll the way from forming new and lasting friendships,  embracing myself again, losing old love, forgiving past hurts, realising the strength of bonds, understanding destiny, restoring my faith in the kindness of strangers...Oh yeah, I've seen it all this year!  And I would not change a thing!  To put it mildly?  It's just been an extraordinary year.  So much so that I don't wanna turn forty-one

No, I mean I reallllllly don't wanna turn forty-one.  Pleassssssssssssse don't make me turn forty-one!!!!  'Cause see?  If I turn forty-one then I won't be forty anymore and if I'm not forty anymore then I'll be forty-something, one in this case, and you know you're on the road to fifty by then, tryna run backwards like a rabied, salivating pitbull is chasing you but you can't 'cause all you can feel is that dreadful slow-motion-going-nowhere run that sometimes haunts ya dreams and causes you to ask, in your dream, "Am I dreaming?" but your question is only answered when the sandman or your cellphone is good and ready until you're finally awake, sweating bullets and thanking the heavens for your alarm!  Shewwwww.  Breathless-ness!

It's not bothering me at all, though.  Clearly, I've thought about it...some.  But it's not causing me annnnnny anxiety.  What.  So.  Evvvvvver!  >_<!!

You've had those dreams, haven’t you?  Where you need to run but something, could be your subconscious.  Or Freddy Kruger.  I really can't tell, I'm sleeping when I'm running in one spot.  Whatever it is?  It finds it hilarious to create a calamitous situation behind the blackness of your eyeballs, and then make it so that you can't get away from it fast enough!  Something like the way a lot of us felt when the ANC won the elections.  Strangely enough, whatever it is that you're running from?  It's not reaching you.  That's the kicker right there!  That dream is designed to simply scare the living crap outa you and nothing more.  Hmmmmmmmm?  I wonder if Olympic athletes have those dreams?  You think?  I'm just tryna figure out how it would feel to have won medal after medal for running but then come time to run from a five-legged monster with three compound eyes in a dream?  And you can't do shit.   

Right now?  I'm all up in time's face like, "Time, you relentless intangible you...STOPPPP!!!!  I'm loving this year!  Be a dear and just drag it out a little longer!"  thinking that a large-scale compliment such as dear, would somehow benefit me, even in the smallest way.  It doesn't.  It snubs me and then mockingly shakes its faceless head while the minutes turn into weeks and before I know it?  October 11th is here!  Again!

Oh oh oh!!!  I know! I know!  If I just go and edit my date of birth on my FB account.  That'll teach......my age?  :-/  If it's on FB, it's official, right?!  Who needs Home Affairs?!?!  Why didn't I think of this when I found myself not starting to get bothered by it?  And while we’re on the subject…do you know?  My sister still hasn't accepted my friend request?  Months people, we're talking months!  These are the types of things that both creates and promotes sibling rivalry!  Ignoring friend requests!  #1 cause.  You ask any new-age psychologist and they’ll tell you the same thing.  Forget all of the “You’ve never supported me throughout our lives.  You broke the head off of my favourite doll.  Because you couldn’t behave, mom and dad had no time to notice my achievements…”  Pfffffffffffffffffffft…those?  Those are the pre-social network causes for rifts between siblings.  

I'm certain though, that she means no harm.  I'm even more certain that she doesn't know how to log on.  But?!?  She'd better find out soon 'cause she's less than a month away from being a Dubai-an

:-( 
Sad but true. 

She's leaving us to rot in the hands of a buncha brainless bastards and jetting off to the land of.....what is Dubai the land of?  Desert and massive March sales!  Yeah!  Annnnnnnnnd?  That's about as much thought as I can afford to put into it before I embarrass myself on my blog and start booooooooo-hoooooooo-ing.  Sob!  Sniff. 

Don’t worry.  


I’m-I’m okay…   

No comments:

Post a Comment