Saturday 14 September 2013

The Early Bird…Sits and Waits

I haven't been ignoring you!  Ya beloved Rambler's been writing her fingers off!  You should be proud, so, smile!  :-)  Theeeeeeere ya go!  I'm still here.  And guess what?!?  I've been making alota progress.  Not much sleep but sleep in exchange for progress is a good trade!  Right?!

Friday?  I was given a deadline.
Monday.
Yesterday?  I worked to my own deadline.
Saturday night.
Today?  I feel dead, you know like that line?  Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Flatlined! Yeah!  Yeah!!  That's it!  That's the one!

So, basically, after writing all the way up to 1am, I literally started falling asleep on the keyboard!  On this key...//////////

-_-

Ay, don't be asking me tough questions when I'm sitting here flatlined?!?  I dunno why that one in particular, I just know, I had to delete them twooooo many times.  My English teacher's punching her fist in the air right now, like, "Yessss!!!  She remembers what a pun is!"  Miss Canada, I'm talking 'bout!  She would be happy!  SHE knew what a pun was!  And do you know why?

Because typing that?  I just remembered that in grade 11?  You know when we had to write those letters to a television station or some place where we haven't sent one into since we learnt how!  As if they didn’t know we’d have email by now.  Or Whatsapp!  My subject was?!?  TWO Many Advertisements!  My other “English” teacher, Mrs. No-Idea-What-A-Pun-Is?!?  Underlined TWO and marked it WRONG!  I feel victimised, I telya!  For when I was in Grade 11!  O_o!  I do
Better late than never!

Where was I?!?
Oh yeah!
So I made sure to finish off in the midst of deleting those stroke thingies and passing out rather quickly after that.  I woke at 3.47am. Tirrrrrrred...and afraid.
Not of the boogy-man!  Come on now, we all know those only exist when you're little and you're being tricked into sitting ya ass down, by a cruel adult!  Yes!  It's cruel!  Yes, it is!  'Cause one minute y'all tell us there's a boogyman in that other room and the next minute?

Wait for it!................................................................................................................................

We're being SENT into that boggy-man laden room to fetch a scissors or a pillow or something!  And then we're standing there looking all crazy, trembling-lipped, like, "What if the boogyman catches me?!?"  All and nervous and shit?  Then!!!  Then y'all still add a promise of a spanking, if we don't agree to walk boldly into boogy-man land!

Ofcourse, it's cruel!  Okay-okay?!?  In all Libran fairness!  What IS cruel?  If that's NOT cruel?!?!  I know…JZ’s still our president.  But see?  You can tell exactly whose done this to their kids!  Over there feverishly searching for good debate swing on why it infact, isn't as cruel as I just said it was.

Give
It
Up

You should be going to kiss your little one, even if they're forty-five years old, and apologising for the deep-seeded fear they now have of the unknown!  And any place with no light!

It's never happened to me.
I'm just sayin'...it happens!
I'm up, early.  So, I'm just fighting for the cause!  That's how much fight I have in me! Enough to share some fight on behalf of victims of the boogy-man trick, everywhere!

You're welcome!

DammmiT!  Where the hell was I?!?
Ima have to check!  Gimme onnnnnne second.  There we go.

Tirrrrrrred...and afraid.
No.  I was afraid of my hearing...or lack thereof!  Sometimes when you're tired, and knocked the f&$% out, you can't hear, you know.  So, at 3.47am?  I laid in the bed.  And laid in the bed.  And laid.  In. The. Bed.  Until I said, "You know what?!?  @+#! this! Ima get outa this bed!"  So, I laid in the bed.   And laid in the bed...until I finally carried out my threat.

The good news is?  I did hear the alarm!  'Cause I was up.  So my plan worked.

By 5am I was in the shower and ready to go meet the team at 8.45am.  :-/   Now, it's just passed 7.30am and I'm sitting here, constantly blinking, having lost out on sleep, talking to you...all dressed up and nowhere to go.  Yet.


Eh, it sounded better in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment