Saturday 22 February 2014

Proudness!

Just stopped by to give you guys the good news.  And to congratulate...well?  Me.  

You should never by afraid to pat yourself on the back for accomplishing your goals.  Let me tell you something.  Life waits for nobody.  It's either you decide to do it or you decide not to.  And if you put your mind to something and actually see a finished result...or like in this case, a near finished result?  You better give yourself the recognition that you deserve.  It only motivates you to do more and more.

I remember that I'd gotten this idea for The Switch immediately after I'd completed my first book, Broken in 2012.  Man, I went to work on it right away and before I knew it?  Fifty pages were staring back at me.  Figuratively ofcourse, 'cause I'm yet see a page with like, eyeballs.  That would just scare the bejesus outa me!  Ooooooooooo-wooooooo!  That would be me looking at a page never ever ever ever again!  Imagine I'm typing and the page eye blinks?  I'm looking for the cursor and the eye is like, I got something in me...blow me blow me!  @#%^$!  Neoooooh!

Then?  I had gotten another twenty pages typed out, where after that....nothing.  After a really long break from writing, books...'cause I'd been blogging during that time.  I went back to Broken and started working on that again from the very beginning just to get myself back into the feel of it.  Annnnnnnnnnnnnd the-en. Stopped any further work on Broken last year August.

And why?

M-M-M!  Forwardjitus.

Because firstly, I was happy with my finished product!  But more importantly, come last year August, my inspiration was at an alllllllllllllllllll time high!  When I tell you that never in my life have I ever experienced something where it was like a bolt of lightning that just woke every part of me?!!!!!    Higher than a thousand Mount Everest's.  Yep, for real.  That high.  Life felt amazing and new and just beautiful, perfect infact and I just went for it!  Like I was being chased by pages with eyeballs...I ran!!!!!  But with my fingers.  E v e r y single chance I got to write, I wrote and the pages kept piling up and piling up.


Today, I just reached 301 pages on my second book, The Switch!  Like I'd mentioned on my FB status just now?  I'd planned for 300 to be my target for completion, but no, nottttttt yet. Not just yet!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment