Wednesday 2 April 2014

New Writing.....Forget You

Yesterday, while driving to work, I thought about the whole, forgiving but not forgetting thing and I wondered how deep the hurt has to be for someone to reach that wonderful place of forgiveness, it truly is and I'll never stop saying too...It's a wonderful place to be!  But then, instead of concentrating on the road?  A-hem!  As you can see, I haven't lost my multi-tasking skills.  My mind wandered a little further and I said to myself, what if the depth of pain was so deep that in order to move on, that person, ima call the person the hurtee, hahahahahaha, it's a good one, and you know it.  The hurtee needed to block out the entire experience with the hurter?  I'm on a roll...normally it happens on Friday because there's something inspiring about the start of the weekend!  But yeah, that thought is what inspired this......  


Forget You

We had dreams, you and I, we shed tears, we shared laughter
We'd chant the I love you's, on repeat like a mantra
Like a flower, summer bloomed and then it wilted like in winter 
And I've been pricking you from my heart ever since, like a splinter

Now I'm ready to forgive you but this time it won't end there
I'm gonna forget you too, as if you weren't ever here
You won't live in me no more, not even in my memory
I gotta do this, if not just for my own sanity
I forgive you,
Yeah
And I'm gonna forget you too

This decision didn't come out of the need to mean
I just feel it would be best for me to wipe the slate clean
We can disappear and then emerge, 'xept as just a her and him
You know, how it was before we met and before we became a them

Because I'm ready to forgive you but this time it won't end there
I swear I'm gonna forget you too, as if you were never here
You won't live in me no more, I'm gonna erase you from my memory
I'm gotta do this, not for you, but for my own sanity
I forgive you,
Yeah
But I'm gonna forget you too

We've been apart for a while, and all I've done 's wear a stain
And as of right now, you're gone, this us will never be again
Let's walk away with dignity, what's the sense in bitterness
If you need to, we can spend a day together just to reminisce
We can talk 'bout hearts once opened, the chances and the dangers
But once that day has ended, we will part that night as strangers

But not before I tell you
I forgive you
Yeah
But I'm gonna forget you too

(c) 2014 Stacey Kell
South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment