Sunday 8 November 2015

Dude, Where's My Tooth?!?

So Saturday, right? I rush off to the mall to get a bridal shower gift and I'm eating a Snicker bar that I'd just bought. Bought a Coke Light too.

What?!?

Oh yeah, yeah I am! I AM one of those burger and Coke Light people. Balance is super important to a Libra. I'm Libra. And there you go. Plus nine spoons of sugar in a glass of regular Coke doesn't sit well. On my hips.

Moving on.

So I'm munching it like num num num. Chasing it with the soda. Sip, sip, gulp! Notice that it all seems like a normal trip to the mall so far, right?! Mmmmmmm-hm! Nothing appears to be aMISS. Yet!

Well? That was until ya Rambler realized that she mighta eaten a chunk of her damn tooth! Infact, I DID eat a chunk of my damn tooth! Clearly I'm not chewing my food like I should be. Let's ignore that for now. I'm dealing with enough. So I enjoyed the Snicker bar and for a minute still, all was as it should be. I know this because my cousin didn't ask me if anything was wrong. That only tells me that I wasn't wearing that wtfisthisinmymouth expression while I put my fingers in it in search of the imposter.

Because I have a soft spot for my tongue, it's the only one I'll ever have. Sometimes let it roam around my mouth. I just figure, you know, that tongues hafta hate routine too. I know I do. So instead of it just laying there, I let it roam. Kinda like a security guard in my mouth. It does that once over to check if everythings in order and it normally is. But Saturday?! Amidst it's journey, it was like, "What the....WTF?!? Yo! Owner of me!!! You might wanna see this!"

First I thought, "Hmmmmmm, tongue knows how to say, yo?!" Then I concentrated and thought, "Probably a piece of nut stuck in my tooth, okay! Toothpick and we're good to go." To make sure, I put my tongue to work again and O_o! Thennn came the look of confusion, coulda been horror, I can't quite recall right now, except for me vigorously flapping down of the car visor mirror!

And there it was. Tooth broken!
But then there it wasn't! The part that broke off. MIA!
By part, I mean 80% of the front of it! The good thing is that I can't feel anything lodged at the back of my throat. When its x-ray time, the nurses are frazzled enough tryna locate my organs, I'm not tryna have an oesophagus with teeth too! I still can't locate it which means that this can only end one way.

A visit to the dentist.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

If you know anything about me, and I've told yall this before, I'm terrified of the dentist. If I had my way, I'd ask him to put a Rambler under anaesthetic! I quite like going under anaesthetic. It's the coolest thing. The way they inject that sleeping concoction into ya drip and then ya eyes start rolling and ya eyelids get heavy and they ask you questions knowing you're not gonna be able to answer them 'cause you're gonna be knocked the fuck out in seconds! Love it!

On a normal day, I'd wait until I can't feel the side of my head before I made an appointment. Ima have to come up with something. A limit of something by which to measure when I should make the appointment 'cause it doesn't hurt right now.

(Scratches head).

I really can't imagine why we weren't just given teeth that lived as long as we did. Why?! Maybe if Eve didn't--------------nahhhhhh!



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment