Wednesday 11 November 2015

I Now Pronounce You a Drought Disaster Area

You may now dry the fuck up!

The water crisis is quite serious 'round these parts peeeeeeeople!. Another province is about to be declared a drought disaster area along with the one that I live in and three others that have already made the list.

I read an article today that stated that our beloved, I use the term so loose that it's hanging on a thread, but it stated that the government was forewarned about the possibility of a water crisis in 2015, already back in 2012. Another one said that the funds allocated to building and fixing the necessary infrastructure wasn't even utilised. Another one said that the lack of necessary skills is partly to blame.

And what did they do about that warning?

Well? We now have a real water crisis on our hands. What more is there to say?

So now the dams have dried up, our dam is sitting at 25% percent full, animals are dying, vegetation along with the taps in certain areas have also dried up. People are opening their taps and jack is coming out! The Rand is at a record low and there are talks that the Reserve Bank are planning to increase the mortgage bond rate as a result.

I think its safe to say that we're rather fucked in this here place, isn't it? Hey, well at least our president will be receiving a new VIP jet at the cost of R4billion. Ohhhhhh happy dayyyyyyys!!!!

Not!

Guess all we can do is practise responsible water usage in our homes and the workplace for right now. And with that said, I'm off to bed. Nodding off while I'm typing and that's never a good thing! I might just fall off the bed and break more teeth. Thinking about this is truly exhausting for my brain.

I wonder if The Lion King movie was a sneak peek. You all remember what happened after Scar ruled the kingdom, right? Or was it a warning like, "Yall better get the fuck outa here before......." The Lion King is my daughters favourite movie. Hmmmmmmm...looks like she got the hint!

Goodnight to all of you and to my mum? Happy 73rd birthday!


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment