Monday 25 April 2016

A Different View

I was standing over the kitchen sink, staring outa my window this morning, while swallowing two antibiotics tablets the size of small aeroplanes. :-/ Nobody's throat deserves that. The view was breathtaking, in a polluted sorta way. That's what you get when the area below your home is an industrial zone. Eh, I'd say it's a few steps up from living a stones throw away from an oil refinery since I was two. Moving on up....right?

Wrong.

You know they tried to blow up that refinery when I was younger, right?
Huh? You live in Switzerland? Okay, maybe you don't know.
But yeah, matter 'f fact? They actually DID blow up a few parts of it that night. My sister and her now husband were sitting like two lovebirds in the car outside our house and saw the flares slowly coming down and then BOOOOOOM!!!!! I SWEAR, PRACTICALLY EVERY MEMBER OF THE COLOURED COMMUNITY WAS ON OUR CIRCLE WATCHING THE REFINERY, waiting for the word to take our ID's and run for cover to the racecourse.

Apparently that was the safe place. Not sure if we were meant to gallop away on a horse when we got there or what? One horse per family, maybe. I'll never know. Sighhh, so much has changed since I was little. That racecourse is no more. Just a ginormous, untidy open space.

The innocence of life, is no more.
Face value, is no more.
Nothing's at all like I remember it to be.
Since Saturday.
Not even like I can tell you what happened on Saturday, no matter how much I want to. My blog would be shut down and I don't want that. All I can say is that so much around me, near and far, makes sense now. Not good sense. Very bad sense. But sense, nonetheless.

When I was in primary school, our motto was, Knowledge is Power. As I sit here typing this, those three words mean more to me than they ever did. I don't remember my two other school motto's. I blame Geography. It scarred my recollection skills.

Shew! I know, I know. Lemme stop. Shawdy got low low low low low low low low......Know what?!?! Ima take a deep breath right now and not put a dampener on my countdown!

Yup, it's that time!

People???? After I sleep tonight? And tomorrow? Two, one finger plus one finger equals two. More. Sleeps! :-))))))))))))))))))! That's all I wanna think about right now.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment