Saturday 30 April 2016

Another Weird Morning but A Lovely Day!

So I was woken this morning by a piercing pain in my lower abdomen. The place where my cysts live. I tried to evict the mofo's last year but it seems that like in South Africa, whether or not you're getting rent from someone you've actually signed a lease agreement with? You can't evict them. Same shit going on with my cysts! I went under the knife! The knife! And I got three scars! And still!

I might have passed out for a few seconds in the bathroom when I went to pee after I woke. I can't be sure but I know the feeling 'cause I've passed out before from the same pain. Cold sweats and all. That's part of the order. Yeah, there's an order! Pain. Cold sweats. Head spins. Pass out. Wake up after a few seconds.

And then I was fine. Is the trick, passing out, you think?

W T F?!?!

My body aches have eased and my sinus has taken a little vacation too. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a normal morning tomorrow, LOL!

This place I telya? We sleep latttttte and wake latttttter! Today, we walked in the very welcomed rain with Linds to the mall to sort out her wifi, she has to start her online teaching on Monday. I was quite surprised, like this, O_O! To find out that they have the same public holiday as we do on Sunday, Labour Day. At home we call it, Workers Day! Trust us to make it sound hard and cruel! Paige has to work though because they have English camp going on. Oh! Oh! Oh! I was blown away when we got to the mall! A parking lot of scooters! I was like, wait wait wait! I gotta take a pic of this to show them back home! I've never seen anything like it in my life!

Sitting in the Songthaew (song-tow) right now with my mum, Lyle, Paige and Linds, it's another form of public transport. It's either taxi, songthaew or tuk-tuk. The storm is happppening in the Thailand skies as we speak! I'm like, thank the good Lord, it's raining and instead of making it hotter like back home, it actually cools things down! Dammmmm this heat to hell!

Meanwhile? Back on the streets? We are dicing with death, people! Dicing with death! We have to risk our lives running across the road because there are barely ANY robots, where you know? The vehicles stop and the pedestrians walk. Yeah, those! It's jaywalkers heaven out in this joint! There might be one of either side of the road and by that I mean, the beginning and end of it! Over therrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre! Farrrrrrrrrr away!

I'm still in awe of the way of life here. It's just incredible. No hustle and bustle of the big city life. People make their ways to live, however they can, whether it be selling roses or arm bands, stores, bars, restaurants, or whatever! It's not hard to see that they have been blessed with gifted hands here and it's a beautiful thing that they use the gifts that they were born with. And what a humble, friendly city of people? Wow!!!

There are tons of foreigners in Chiang Mai too. I was talking to the owner of Kabab House, he used to live in Bangkok and was telling us too that it's really just so different in Chiang Mai. He described Bangkok as stressed and that's what he loves most about Chiang Mai. The fact that it's not! It's clear to see what he's talking about. It was the first thing Paige and Linds talked about when they first got here. So much so that when the company placed them in teaching posts in Pattaya, they came back a day or two later, without jobs and found their own way.

So we braved the rain, feet felt ewwwwww, I scraped my toe-ring toe when I stopped myself from falling and sliding on a wet tiled floor in front of one of the businesses. Ahhhhh, it will live! Arrived at the Indian restaurant, a taste of home! Plus Paige comes here so often, her picture is on the wall along with alllll of the rest of the patron pics! Lol! That's her and her boyfriend, Kana.

After dinner, we went to look for Lyle and couldn't find him. He found another tattoo parlour to get his elephant so we chilled at one of the bars where Zoe's is. Seems to be the hip place! The place to be! Be there or be square kinda shit. Ofcourse, we left Lyle and Linds there and came home with Paige at about 10pm.

Big day tomorrow! We visit the Canyon and the Doi Suthep temple...we were too late today! Shocker, right? I only got to sleep at about 4am. First from restlessness and then being visited by Lyle, Linds and Paige after their night out! And yes, I did mean visited. Linds' apartment is next to ours. Ours is Paige's old apartment. She just moved down a few floors to a new one. Musical apartments, Lol!

Right now, I'm enjoying the cool breeze on the balcony and listening to the rave music going on across the road downstairs. There's a man talking on the mic. I can't see him but I'm sure they can hear him from Mars! It's loud. These two places come alive, every single night! And that's just how life is here. Work in the day and enjoy the night with friends or whomever! Until 12 that is! New rule is that all clubs and bars must be closed at 12 midnight. By now, Lyle wants to move here! Hahahahaha!

And now? Ya Rambler's gonna say goodnight, from Thailand!

See y'all tomorrow!


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment