Friday 16 November 2012

M is for the million things she gave me....


I'm dedicating this post to people, just like me.  Mothers.  Then again?  By the end of it?  I might have saluted crocodiles or something.  You just.....never know!  What's important is that you were aware of my initial intention!  ^_^!

Random Trivia?  My nickname as a child was Mother.  Everytime I see Aletta, which is not very often...she still calls me, Mother.  Infact?  She nicknamed her daughter, Mother.  And that's something that's always made me grin!  It's like?  Now wherrrrrre is Pablo Franwhathisname when I need him?  I need the dude’s movie voice for this one.....The legend!  Lives on! Heh-heh-heh!  I have my moments of vanity!  You do too, so you can lower your left eyebrow now!  Thattttttt's it!  I-I can't seem to raise my right eyebrow.  Hold on a second. 

Nope!  I can raise them simultaneously and raise my left one on its own, but the right one?  Once I try, I begin to look as though I have conflicting emotions or a bad reaction to the food I just ate.  But that grin?  'Cause I grinned in that paragraph above this one!  I wouldn't exactly call that vanity.  It's more pride.  How can you not be proud to have someone nicknamed after you?  On purpose!  Normally one is surprised like, "Wowww!  You're nickname is Mother?!?  O_O!  That was mine too!"  But no, this?  This was intentionally done!

O_o!  Uhhhhhhhhhhhh?  Wait?!  But what was wrong with Stacey, though?  Now?  I'm just....confused.  And I'm not even trying to raise my right eyebrow again.  You know, I can't click the fingers on my left hand either.  It's like a dud fire-cracker!  All the evidence of a click is there but not a bit of sound. 

Pride and confusion.  Pridefusion.  Confride!  Huh?  What you say?!  Now you're confused?  Confucius says, that's okay.  You know how I love explaining myself.  Not him, me!  He just said, "That's okay."  Pridefusion...or?!?  Confride, whichever you prefer...looks like this ^_<  Sort of.  Just banish your first impression of my one eye trying to run into the other and go with the impression I’m telling you that you should have.  I'm doing it right now.  Haaahahhaha, I'm lying but I'm trying.  I rhyme at this time.  Ima poet and I know it.  If at first you don't succeed?  Then?  Then...don't try this at home!  O_o!  That was ghastly!  But now you see what happens when you're confrided.   It’s a helluva thing and the blog is the first to get it!

Annnnnnnyway?  What was I saying?  Oh!  My explanation.  ^_<  It's when your one eye shows pride about your nickname being handed down and as soon as your other eye catches on to the reality of the situation?  It becomes immediately perplexed as to why your real name wasn't good enough.  My eyes are now begging the question?  How can you be proud that someone would rather pass on your nickname?  Dammmmmmmn?!  I-I never thought about that before!  For years I was all gleeful but now I'm just....post-gleeful.  Let's see?  -_-  What can post-gleeful be?  I’ll get back to this...............

Lemme just reel in my straying thoughts for a minute.  Reeeeeeeeeel.  Reeeeeeeeeel.  Look?!?  I'm a fisherwoman!  Uhm!  I see clearly why some parents walk around the mall with their kids strapped to a leash.  'Cause they're like my thoughts.  Running wild in every different direction possible.  So now I gotta pull on my mental leash and get down to the reason that I'm here. 

Oh?  Last but not least?  Somewhere in the middle of both?  I'm sorry that I haven't been here in a while.  I meant to make an appearance three days ago but then I got tied up.  In knots and pinched nerves and a chiropractor visit.  That hasn't changed.  Except I'm not going back to the chiropractor (I used back and chiropractor quite cleverly there...) 'cause now I have pain in places that were minding their own business before I paid money to hurt more.

There have been a few times where I felt as though, too much was going on for me to keep my blog alive?  Debbie is one of the main reasons that my blog hasn’t fallen face first into the pit of the dead blogs of the world wide web.  Let's just say she was the kick to the ass that I sometimes needed.  I used to be like, "I cannnnn't!"  And she would be like, "You cannnn!"  And I would be like, "I cannnnn't"  And she would be like, "You cannnnn!"  And I would be like, "I cannnnn't!"  And she would be like, "You will!"  And I would be like, "Okay."

And now comes the bittersweet part, because on Sunday we celebrated my mum's 70th birthday and sadly, Debbie lost hers.  I thought that I’d take a minute to share my one and only experience with her as a way of paying homage to Debbie, another mother, and friend of mine.  I had the pleasure of meeting Aunty Brenda for the first time at Debbie’s granddaughter’s party earlier this year.  Wendy was just saying to me, “Remember how she was busy in the kitchen from the time we got there to the time we left that Debbie even asked her what she was doing.”  Both Wendy and I met her that day but I never imagined that when she said, “Byyyyyyyyye, sister in law?”  I remember giggling when she said that.  I didn’t think for a second, that I’d never see her again.   It’s just a harsh lesson on how unpredictable life actually is.  Death always is.  Something we should all learn from but rarely do.

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment