Friday 23 November 2012

Eighteen Candles

One for that sweet little morning smile you'd wake me to
Two for those tight little hugs that always got me through

Three for the moment you stood on your own two feet
Four for the words you'd listen to and then try to repeat

Five for those first very brave steps that you took
Six for the funny times you'd imitate Granny Doreen's look

Seven for the terrible I never found in your two's
Eight for that curly mop you finger-swiped like only you could do

Nine for the new friendships you formed as a little scholar
Ten for the pride that I felt when your teachers called you a star

Eleven for how fascinated you were by your brother's tiny hands
Twelve for those Friday nights at Granny's where Leigh'd make you dance

Thirteen for the breakfasts you'd make me on Mothers Day
Fourteen for those beautiful ornaments you'd made out of clay

Fifteen for the decisions you've made, both right and wrong
Sixteen for finding Gods place in your heart and comfort in song

Seventeen for the rebellious streak that Lindsie helps you let go of
Eighteen for being my baba, for being part of me, for being my first true love

Happy Eighteenth Birthday Randy-Paige!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment