Saturday 4 May 2013

Energy....or the Lack Thereof

My head throbbeth, bursting with facts of Seventh Grade, Natural Science. Believe it or not, it's been a lifelong dream of mine to spend my Saturday afternoons, let alone, evenings this way. On TV? They do it so differently. Most of them are drunk and have sex with people they've only known for an hour or two. Don't try that at home. But the excitement, of myyyy real life, is overbearing. As convincing as that could be, when said in a hollow monotone with a hint of, "is this what my life been reduced to...?"

I now know the correct definition of all kinds of energy, amongst many other very useful, sciency things like the measurable properties of matter. My life is complete. I can now die a scientifically informed individual and once I get over to heaven, I can teach the Angels that they should never forget that the standard unit of measurement for the Metric System is 100.

If you happen to bump into me tomorrow, there's a good chance that I might offload alllllllll of this information onto you. Just to relieve my headache. You then can enjoy a sense of...of...something...that I strolled into the mall a dead, information sharer.

They say that in order to enlighten your fellow man, you should share both your practical skills and theoretical information with those you encounter. They forgot to include headaches. But that's why I'm here. A-hem.....yes. That's how an intelligent, well-informed nation is built. One intelligent, well-informed man with a headache does not a nation make! So share your knowledge. Go on! Share it right now. I'm willing to bet alllllll of these schoolbooks...no seriously? I am...that someone is sitting next to you who doesn't know how to do something that you do.

If not, pretend you're having a party. Send out emergency invites via email stating that you had hit send two weeks ago but you just now realized that the copper wire was stolen from your building thereby cutting off your internet connection in the midst of them being sent out. Mention that you thought your three days without electricity and the ability to warm cold food, only affected your light switches.

Give yourself about two hours 'til the party is due to start? That'll give you plenty time to set up the strips of timber, drill and nails...don't forget the grinder.....and when they arrive? Did I mention rope and tying guests to chairs? Let the sharing begin! How many carpenters does it take to change a light bulb?

If you take my advice? We'll all be dead at some point, but we'll have died, knowing that the energy from the sun is a renewable energy called solar energy and that its transmitted via radiation, meaning the transfer of heat energy from one substance to the next through space by means of air waves. Don't get me started on the process of convection! And that's just what you learnt from me! Add to that, carpentry and all the other information transfers? The rewards are endless!

Lawwwwwd, this is what you call draining my energy!!!! As you can see, I find the concept of kinetic energy and measuring the area of my bed with a formula, just as riveting as the next administration manager or....(Insert) your job title. Scientists excluded. However, at this moment I'm way more interested in the transfer of my pain energy.

Look. I'll understand fully if when you caught a glimpse of me? You take off running. You can even use the upcoming Comrades marathon as an excuse. I won't let on that I am well aware that you haven't run a day in your life, unless a sausage dog was chasing you on your way to visit your girlfriend or away from your boyfriends place after he threatened to run his fingers through your weave.

Ladies? From one to another? Come're. Come sit next to the Rambler. Therrrrre you go.....You wouldn't have to deal with that petrifying fear if you didn't allow society to convince you that you're not beautiful, naturally. Because you ARE!!!! Too many of us are dying of anorexia, spending fortunes on wearing other people's hair, because we're that pressured by what has been deemed to be beautiful and what has not.

Question.......Would you wear someone else's underwear just because society said that yours wasn't the right texture? Okay. I admit. Society should not have that much knowledge about your underwear but you know what I mean. Unless there's a person publishing pictures of them each time you've hung washing up on your line. I use bad examples at times, granted. But for a good cause.

The last thing I'm gonna do is pretend that I don't find faults with my own body, my hair, my looks? Because I do. Connnnnnnstantly. But guess what? It's not gonna cause me to rush out there and beg the doctor to suck the fat outa my thighs. I'm so terrified of doctors with instruments. 'Specially sharp ones.

But society. Aside? I have someone who accepts the thunder thighs IIIII think I have. And the stretch marks that I believe makes me unlovable. Or the cellulite that I reckon should have me banished to a cave for life. Not to mention, my hair that will never ever be as thick as Mariah Carey's! He accepts them all. Someone who thinks I'm stunning on my worst hair day and when I feel my fattest.

I wish for you, the same kind of support and acceptance. But moreso? The same kind of motivation to know and accept that you are worth the admiration without the unnecessary alterations.

Peace! V (that's my peace sign....I didn't fall asleep typing).

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment