Monday 27 May 2013

The Eye of the Rambler

This....is either pink-eyes or eye-flu. O_o! Yep! I said, eye-flu. I currently have the flu, so? (Shrug) I'm just assuming that that's what's going on with my eyes. When you have a headache in your eyeballs and they're swollen and red...it probably is eye-flu. That, ofcourse is my expert opinion and a diagnosis you can trust. Having had forty years on and off experience with influenza. And then? I'm fluent in having eyes too? When you consider both-a-those? My opinion can't be anything short of expert.

Eh! At this point, with the way everything's been going? I wouldn't put it pass my eyes to get the flu. Stranger things have happened. Remember that stranger thing that happened? I don't either right now but this comes close enough....My director? Sick too, went to the doctor yesterday and when he was done, his bbm status read..."Diagnosed with post-flu, apparently I had the flu last week...O_O!" I thought that was hilarious. So I laughed. I laugh when things are hilarious. Imagine if I cried? Yeahhhhh, I do when it's a hearty one. But I'm talking about crying crying. I'd be spending most of my time sobbing because if there is anything in this world that I love doing. It's laughing.

Reminds me of the day Geese took me to Baltimore Pike! We laughed almost our entire trip. The trolley ride there....? And I'm sohhh glad that he recorded the whole thing because those are memories we will have forever and watch and watch until we can recite it word for word. Nnnnnnnnnnnnn.......Trust me though, to have asked him to delete a little piece out of it, just to come home. 'Cause he made me a copy. And I mean to goddamm South Africa! To find that the sound disappeared after the deleted part. >_<!

But? Just shows that if my boss can be sick this week but he had the flu last week? Eye-flu? Influeyenza. Would certainly not be surprising.

Doesn't help that Damon and I sat up 'til 11pm and were forced to close the books. By then we'd done all of the fractions that our eyes would allow. Mine were aching. He? Was beginning to resemble a cross-eyed Chinese. We've had better looking days. Nights. THAT I can tell you. No offence intended. I'm feeling the need to re-iterate. I'm not saying that Chinese are cross-eyed. I'm just saying that he resembled one. If one were cross-eyed. Without a doubt, the fractions were to blame. Maths always is. 'Cause...after a while, his eyes were narrowing and starting an argument with each other. So he looked like...

You know what? Truth is? He looked like a near cross-eyed Coloured. 'Cause some of my people look Chinese too and that?!? That's the beauty of a Coloured. Our unique ability to resemble other nationalities, without actually being them. Fine. China. Some of us, well not me. My son. Before the fractions ruined our evening. Some of us look like Chris Brown too. Who sings, Fine China. Everything links...see? But whether you call that beauty or a lack of unique identity? I don't know. What I do know is that there is beauty in diversity and that's what the Coloured nation has an abundance of. From the facial features, to the skin colours, to the hair types, to the blood lines...

Think I need to step away from this phone screen now though. It's not helping my influeyenza. Who needs a doctor when you're the Rambler.

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment