Thursday 31 October 2013

Yippppeeeee for Yappy!!!!

So, Paige's birthday's coming up...in November, and she's getting this Yorkie puppy, right!?  As a non-pet-ty kinda mum, I've been trying my utmost to support the fact that soon I will have another little body running around my home.  All I wanna do is name it?!?!  Is that so much to ask?  That in itself is something to write home about!  But she's being seriously uncompromising! Someone reallllllly should have a word with her about that. 

Plus I've come up with some good ones too, like, New Yorkie, Manhattan.  I heart NY.  No!  No, no, that wasn’t one of the names I came up with.  What kinda fool-ass name would that be?  Yappy!  Squeaky!  Even Lil Y!  Hehehe---kinda proud of that one.  That one came to me when she sent me this passage off the internet that described the little pipsqueak as a gangsta-wanna be.  Lil Y, gangsta wanna-be, YO!  Good one, huh? 

:-/  Maybe, she got offended when I told her she's just like a Yorkie.  Was that going too far?  Small, yappy, squeaky and feisty.  I didn't mean it in a bad way but the truth is, when I read that this minute hairball had a thing for challenging big dogs, I immediately saw Paige’s face looking up at me, wagging her Yorkie tail.  Hey!  If you can't tell ya daughter the truth, then who can you be truthful with?!?  Then again…could be a long-time grudge for me not wanting her to get a tiger when she was but a wee yorkie. 

IIIIIIIII dunno...kids of today, you never can tell.  Meanwhile, she's still not budging.  In short, she told me, “Get your own puppy and name it things like Lil Y!”  In those exact words.  That wasn’t enough to stop the progression of my quest.  It just motivated me to plunge further into my dog naming tank.  I came up blank, HA!  But then again?!?!  I was tired last night.  Been writing notes for Damo again.  Exam time, whoooooo-hoooooo!  Not whooooooo-hoooooo!  Booooooo-hooooooo!

That whole Jan van Riebeck, Khoi-Khoi rubbish drains a person.  Who the ?+@# cares about the goings-on of the 17th and 18th century anyway!  Before I reached that mind-numbing part.  By numbing, I mean boring to the core!  My core.  And my core is not to be trusted when it’s bored.  I start thinking about dog names and we can all see how that’s turning out.

Thing is this.  I was okay with them learning about the different diseases like Malaria and Cholera and Population Movement and all of that, 'cause when I wake up one day.  Before my alarm!  Yelling frantically...”IMMMMMMMMMIGRATE! IMMMMMMMMIGRATE?!?”  Many have done it, I’m sure.  The boy needs to know to grab his bonny bags and run right alongside me!  You know? 

But then all of a sudden?!?  Jan van @#!*en Riebeck and Dutch ships that don't even exist anymore?!?!  I mean, is there a Chapter somewhere in History covering the day that my beetle broke down when I was twenty?!?  No!  They were wrecked already centuries ago!  They admitted as much in the highlighted notes!  Crabs have built underwater holiday apartments with those wreckage remains by now!  Actually?  That’s how the entire mess started!    

A wrecked ship!  Mmmm-hm!  The ship was wrecked and then the sailors settled there and took the Khoi Khoi’s stuff, who got pissed off and began stealing their stuff back, IMAGINE THAT!!!!!! 
Then they were all, “What is wrong with you Khoi-Khoi’s! Leave your stuff alone!”  Started building walls and parading all armed to keep them out, then the ‘Company’ released some of their servants and gave them farms.  How very kind of them. 
The Khoi-Khoi were like, “Hell to the na-aaaaah!  Don’t be thinking we’re helping y’all grow things on our things!”  (think they meant land).
Which led to a labour shortage.  That’s when the ‘Company’ was like, “Hey?!?  These damn lazy-ass Khoi-Khoi will not co-operate!”  I wonder why….don’t you?  “Whatever shall we do?!?!  Ahhhhh-ha!  Let’s go to Jakarta and Madagascar and buy some of their people and use them as slaves, here!  As if we even have the right!  Oh well!  Never stopped us before…he-he-he ask the Khoi-Khoi!” 
At this point, a Khoi-Khoi shoulda been eavesdropping, broke the door down, and just for that he-he-he, greeted him with a flying kick.  But that’s just me.  I don’t make History, however hard I wish that I could change it.  ‘Specially this part of it.  And so they did.  And THAT’S how the drama unfolded!  I always knew nothing good could come out of a wrecked ship!    

History means old.  But how old is old?  Is there no cut off time for oldness?  Like an expiry date of oldness?  A stamp that reads, “Best taught before (insert date)”  Just sayyyying…if I’m 41 years old and I learnt all of that at Damon’s age?  Come onn!   

Now that you know why I was tired last night.  Back to the yorkie saga.  I did manage to negotiate for at least one of these to be his second name.  She said she'd think about it.  I demanded an answer by today, failing which I’d have to text her fresh possibilities all day.  She then coolly vowed to leave her phone at home!  O_O!  We were on our way to work, and Wendy was playing Keith Sweat in her car.  Ohhhhhhhh!!!!  The memories! 
A-hem…! 

So, I thought about the puppy some more.  Confused am I!?!?!  As to all of the thought time this puppy is taking up.  Feel like I’ve fallen in love with it or something!  Hold on a sec……shake nod shake nod – don’t look – shake nod shake nod…just…I’m tryna empty my head of that thought.  This would be the first time I’ve fallen in love with a dog…well?!?  If you wanna be technical.  Eh!

The Coloured slang term for a person who keeps challenging others, is a ‘bumper’, is it not?  Coloured’s?!?!  Help me out here.  So, I text her the name, Bumper.  She says, huh?  Clearly, she thought I was kidding about the deadline for the second-name decision.  I say, Bumper Yappy Kell.

She said, no.

I give up. 

To make matters worse, she told me that Lindsie and I ruined it for ourselves with the names we’re coming up with.  Lindsie’s been insisting that she’s gonna call him LD, short for Lord Disick.  So then, I retorted.  Hehehehe!  Yes I did!  I retorted!  How ya like me now“Well ima call him Yappy B! “  Short for Yappy Bumper!  This was her response;

Paige: Lmao he won’t know his name!  I will keep you both away (insert some kinda skew-faced emoticon) and that I can do.
Me:  You live in my house!  I will steal him when you sleeping and brainwash him to only respond to Yappy B!
Paige:  Lmao!

I thought, LMAO, meant that she gave in at that point, what with me pulling rank and threatening to brainwash her birthday present?!  I guess, it’s simply a matter of…


You know what thought did….?

No comments:

Post a Comment