Monday 14 December 2015

HIT THE STAGE, SLAYED THE DANCE...NOW I CAN SWALLOW!

It's Tuesday, which means Saturday is oVVVer!  And being on stage is oVVVer!!!  (Does the dance of joy)  It turned out great, by the way!  Crowd appreciated the efforts of the adult hip-hop class and once it was oVVVer?!  My heart slowlllllllly eased back down into my chest.  Throat was getting pretty crowded.  I'm never doing it again though.  It causes me hectic stress.  Hectic. Stress!  I'm not.  Okay, maybe I will but for the record?!  I won't like it!  Lol!  I'll only like that it's oVVVer!  Honestly?  I absofreakinlutely adore dance and I still can't even believe that I did any kinda anything on stage to begin with.  Eustece, my dance partner?  He couldn't understand that I've done it so many times but then I'm still looking for interesting ways to twist my ankle just before show day.  I told him, "I don't like that all eyes on me thing, I won't even do a routine that I'd learnt for my family."

But?!  Just shows that when you push yourself to do something, you actually can come out on the other side------almost choking on the most important muscle in your body and sweating golf balls!  But alive and actually proud of yourself for facing one of your worst fears………..only for it to remain-----------one of your worst fears!

Wait?!?!?  Did you guys see??  OMG!!!! O_#!  Yeah, my eye throbs just thinking about it!  About the exchange rate.  Our president fired the finance minister, one of the very few honest people in parliament and the Rand dropped like the punk that it is!  Apparently, DOING your job in that place?  That's simply unacceptable.  “You’re fired!!!!!!!!!”  “But sir?  I’ve been trying to curb unnecessary spending and trying to find ways of getting our country out of debt?  That’s what you employed me to do, isn’t it?”  “Yes!  But I didn’t mean that you must actually do what the hell I employed you for!  You’re just supposed to show up and fall asleep in parliament!”  “Huh!?”

Suddenly, after all of the anger over the weakening of the Rand?  President states the move was to promote him.  So now?  We have to spend almost R16, more with commission and fees, to get $1!  Meanwhile the Van Rooyen person that he replaced Nene with?  He replaced him too, after two days.  Like this………..only to reinstate one of the former finance ministers!

Joke!


I'd break out in a violent vomit fit if I have to mention the exchange to the Pound or the Euro.  (Head rests upon fingertips)  Let's just say, we gotta spend over eight thousand rand to get something like five hundred Euro's!

On the bright side?  I hear you whispering over there about, “Whatbrightsideyoutalkinboutwillis?!?!”  There’s always a bright side.  Look for it.  It’s there! 

My bright side?  Thank goodness this happened now and not some years back.  Long distance relationships, lemme be real------------aside from being emotionally draining because of the actual distance?  They can become financially exhausting preTTy quickly if you're the only one doing the overseas trip every year.  That part, I didn’t mind.  I love visiting the US and there’s just something about leaving the day to day routine behind, even for just a little while.  But when I went over to the US those three times during my long distance relationship?  I had to pay for two of the plane tickets and three trips worth of spending money.  >_<!  I think it’s safe to say that I’m now about R75,000.00 poorer for it.  

Would I do it again?  Nope.  That particular way, those particular circumstances?  I definitely wouldn't.  Because the harsh reality of it is that all that came out of those years is that I'm a little wiser but still R75,000.00 poorer.  Looking back, I'd rather be staring at the R75,000.00 in my bank account right now.  However, I WOULD do the long distance commuting thing again though, if the financial burden of the visits were not resting so heavily on my shoulders. 
    
So yeah, believe me when I tell you, after a few annual commutes, your bank account starts looking at you like, "I lost a helluva lota weight thanks to your stupid personal life!  Now what?”




No comments:

Post a Comment