Friday 18 December 2015

Thumbs Down to Shopping

I dunno WHOOOOOO said shopping was therapeutic. All I know is? I just got to the mall with my cousin and our kids and I won't lie. I've been in one measly store and I'm done. Done. Ready to go home. Ready to put my feet up. Ready to sleep 'til Christmas is over.

I think it's the whole buzz. The busy-ness of it all. I think that's what wears a person out. Starting to feel like I'm a defective woman. Lol! I'm not s'posed to dislike shopping as much as I do in this very moment. It's the bobbing and weaving and bumping people avoidance and clutching your bag and paying attention to your surroundings that's turned what's meant to be something women are supposed to love more life into a stressful experience that some of us defective women would rather do without.

I'd imagine that shopping could be therapeutic if there were less people? Maybe online? Have you ever shopped online for clothing? Me? Never! But something tells me that I'm gonna try that soon because this?!? I can't deal with the hussle and bussle of the holiday season anymore. And I'm not even thaaaaaaaat old. Halfway old. I refuse to label myself as middle-aged 'cause that's always an assumption. What if I live 'til 129? To be safe? When I turn 64 and a half, thennnnnn I'll be middle-aged. In the middle of my last age.

Sitting here on this bench putting all of the energy I have into not falling alseep. Yawwwwwwwwn! Food is needed.



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment