Thursday 17 December 2015

Well? At Least I Have Skype!

This festive season feels horribly empty. I feel real lost with most of my immediate family members not in the country. Especially, my daughter. We haven't been apart over the holidays, since she was born and yo?!? I gotta tell you this!

I almost flew out there to surprise her in a few days. That was until the travel agents told me, without hesitation or nervous laughter, quite confidently actually. It would cost R10,000 more to fly nowwwww as opposed to oh, I dunno? Last month!?! My thoughts when I heard that?

?@#@!?#@@@@@###?!?***#!@"!?#@!!!!!!!! Thoughts because can I seriously fight with the agents on the phone when they're actually just the messenger? No. So, I thought-----the cursing.

I mean? Not one, two or three thousand! Ten whole thousand! Which is as ridiculous as me opening my mouth and closing it around an olive and consciously chewing those bastards! Never gonna happen. Look? I understand peak season but that's peaking a lil toooooo much for me! That's highhhhhhhh! Like the cow jumped over the moon high! Like pigs flying , high!!!! That's reaching heaven high! And they have no right to reach heaven! They have to earn reaching heaven and with prices like that?!? When mother's wanna surprise their unsuspecting daughters over the season to be jolly?! Then I'd say that's a thick black permanent marker strike against their name!

I'm still planning my holiday out there, though! I'm addicted to those Thai pants for seconds. For firsts?! I miss my babygirl. Yeah yeah I just saw her two months ago but it's times like these that weigh on my heart a little heavier than normal. So I'm still planning! It just won't be around the time that they have us believing that Jesus was born. Nope, it won't! I'd have been packing right now had they inflated the air fare prices by just one or even two thousand Rands. But ten?!? Uhhhhhhhh-uhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Not tryna be a fool with my cash NOMO! Our economy is damn near gone to hell, if not there already because of the shitty WHIMS of our dear president. I gotta be smart about my money and smart I shall be. Besides. All is not lost.

I have Skype.

Ahhhhhhhhh, Skype. Me loves me some Skype. Thanks to technology, we no longer have to simply imagine the expression on the faces of our furthest and dearest or the tones of their voices. I hope I'm alive to experience the day we get to climb into the screen and touch them. Or kiss them. And hug them. Or smell them. 'Cause these mofo's are playing games with the airfare prices. Then we'll see who's able to ruin our potential surprises thennn. We can just be like---------double tap to teleport--------MWAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Hehehehe!

I can dream, can't I?


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment