Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Message

I always love it when Lynn comes home. If you don't know who Lynn is? That's my eldest sister! Ahhhhhhhhhh! I hear you! Yes!!! She's the one who rips the English language to ribbonic (O_o) shreds. Whether she means to or not. And then promptly blames the City of Durban for it! Hey, don't look at me? We don't even try to understand her logic anymore. Just....shaaaaaake your head. Like we do. And appreciate the fact that she said whatever she did with every ounce of confidence that she possesses.

This? Was her Christmas broadcast message;

"May the joy of xmas be with you and remember the reason we Celine this das. Merry xmas"

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHALMFAO!!!

Me? I saw Celine? I closed the message. Truth be told, I'm no fan of broadcast messages to begin with plus I was tired and lethargic but my immediate thought was, "Ay? This comes from Lynn! Expect anything!!!! She could very well be paying tribute to Celine Dion...not that I know her to even like her like that? But just like her identity crisis phases? She coulda extended those to include singers (shrug shoulders)" So, I read no further.

Some time passes, and we're sitting around the table on Christmas Day after lunch and cleaning? Her son, Lyle, literally drags himself from his bedroom, wearing this, "M-m-m....she's at it again" almost constipated look on his face, "Ma? But WHAT like? What is going on with this message? Did you even read it before you sent it?" She looks at him like, O_+! Ofcourse, us that received the message, dive to open it again, and read it all the way through and then burst out laughing! Still? She is confused, totally! Mumbling something about how her phone types in another language! HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!

The message SHOULD have read, "May the joy of xmas be with you and remember the reason we celebrate this day. Merry xmas." Heh-heh-heh! Predictive text? That's why I don't have it turned on! I make enough typo's! There's no need for my phone to help me. If you're not paying attention, it can get you into a lot more trouble than you care to find yourself in, or cause someone to think that your eldest son has been constipated for two weeks. That's just not cool! Especially if you're not constipated. For any amount of weeks. It's not an impression, false I might add, that you want anybody to have of you, just because your mum uses predictive text and then her Xmas message only makes sense UP TO a certain point! Then? You walk into a room with THAT look? Mmmmmmmmm.....Well? You know the rest!

And now? I guess I should get ready for the day. I've been in some sort of mood since I woke where I just can't get myself going. Mainly because it was Kai-Li's funeral today. December has had it's surprises this year. That's for damn sure. NONE of which I appreciate but?!? Can't change. Now? We wait for the lessons to reveal themselves. That IS how it works, right?

In all of these December surprises? I've gotten more than one not-so-friendly reminder that taking your loved ones for granted? Your situation for granted? BIG mistake! We all get comfortable with how great, or problem-free or just? Normal for that matter, things are going. Until something comes along and reminds us of who exactly is in control. Not US!

Between the lessons? Ramble RESPONSIBLY. Pray MORE! Love TRUE! Think HARD! Speak HONESTLY! DANCE often! Sing LOUD! Laugh HYSTERICALLY! Make your moments count. That's what December taught me.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment