Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

It's been Christmas Day in South Africa for the past eight hours already! The time now? 08.05am to be precise. The time when I finally post this? Can't say since I started it at 2am and promptly fell asleep! Like this, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, scratch (damn mosquitos), ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! You can tell that I was drained by the fact that I slept in capital letters but I'm awake now and have been for the past three hours.

I-I'm being precise? 'Cause I didnt know whether someone guessing the time is a pet peeve of yours so I made sure to check before I typed that. Like right now? It's 08.23am. Precisely. Just tryna be a responsible rambler and certainly not tryna piss anyone off. Not today, at least. Let's leave that for the days between Christmas and New Years so that come New Years DAY and the "pissee" is wherever they are? Near music I hope! Music makes everything better. Having a good ole time and feeling the weight of 2012 lift from their shoulders? They'll just forgive me.

Unless they're in prison. Serving nine life sentences? Nothing lifts off your shoulders thennnnn. IIIIIIII don't know about any feel good, let me forgive, moments there would be there? So, take my lead and don't piss off a prisoner. For me, it's easy since I don't know any? But jussssssssst in case? I'm gonna wish them all a Blessed Christmas right now and tell them what a stranger came up to me and told me yesterday, "Don't worry. He still loves you. He still loves you." I might have looked like a pissed off prisoner. O_O! Who knows? What I do know? Is that I needed to hear that!

But for the free, pissed off people? Hearts tend to soften as the clock strikes midnight New Years Eve. I even hug people that I don't want to and never will for the rest of the 364 days of the year! On PURPOSE! I'm sure, out there, some people lose shoes too! That's how you know they take their childhood fairytales seriously. Not sure what significance that holds. For now? All we know is that at least a small percentage of earths population will have walked into the new year on one shoe.

On this 2012 Christmas morning, I wish for you every blessing imaginable. Time? We just never know. Make everyday count and make sure that not a day goes by without your loved ones knowing, and hearing and feeling that they mean everything to you. Today, give thanks to Jesus for the fact that you're able to spend another birthday with Him.

He still loves you! Merry Christmas, everybody!

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment