Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

It's 2013 in South Africa, as I'm sure, it is in many other parts of the globe! I can, however, only report from the land on which I stand. Actually, I'm sitting on my bed right now, but my house is set on land and I wasssss just standing, so technically? None of that even matters!
The storm has stopped! People are happy! Some are intoxicated. Some wish they WERE intoxicated! Some are mad that they're partners are intoxicated! It's very intoxicating, to say the least! Cheers to the sober people who will clearly remember why they don't have on two different shoes when they wake!
All in all?! It sounds very jovial! Even from my bedroom? I can hear the odd cracker go off. As well as the music and the ooowoooh-ooowoooh's! Someone must be intoxicated! I mean, someone must be dancing. Intoxicatingly! Hey? I'm just reporting it like it is. This is reality blogging.
Alright! Okay! Let me say this before I get empty alcohol bottles thrown at me by those who can still read right now. Not alllllll the South Africans are intoxicated! And I'm one of those people. There! I said it and I meant it, because it's the truth.
I spent the evening at my parent's house, with three cousins, one aunt, my dad, my mum, my sister, my sleeping son and my cousins girlfriend! Truth be told? And I won't mention names, but two of those people I just mentioned? TRIED to get intoxicated? But got hot flushes instead! Another two were already intoxicated and fine, when they weren't arguing about things that they've argued about seventeen thousand times before. Wait? One of those had a pre-intoxication, swollen ankle. And another was afraid to become intoxicated because of over-intoxication a few nights before.
Phewwwww! Talk about over-using a word! Unfortunately, it simply HAD to be done. In the name of honest journalism, one must do everything they need to, to create the true picture! And now that I have? I shall retire for the night! It's passed 2am and supposedly we're waking at 5am to go to the beach. -_- I feel intoxicated just thinking about that. Question? Don't you think that rules of that sort should be made by someone who has actually woken at 5am within the past decade?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm?!?!
Me too.
Either way? We'll see what happens in the morning! I foresee confusion, but no intoxication!
For those of you who have not yet seen the New Year? It's beautiful! Enjoy it!




Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!









No comments:

Post a Comment