Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years Eve Procession

I'm at this function now with my family. It's past 10pm, and ofcourse, New Years Eve!

The security at the gate? I think he thought he was on an episode of World's Most Serious Coloured Security Guard or something. He was like, "Engen card please!" No smile on his face. Hardly the reception I expected on New Years Eve, lemme tell ya! Plus what makes it worse? He's Coloured! A serious Coloured asking a sweet Coloured like thaaaaaat, "Engen card please?!"

Meanwhile I told him I'm here for a social club function. O_o! Little did I know, it was a private function. Yes! I was invited! They didn't give me all the details, clearly!

Either way, he starts asking me to drop names like I'm being interrogated in the First 48?! I'm like WTF is wrong with this serious Coloured security guard? I still don't know. But, I'm at his mercy so, I'm being as polite as one Coloured to another, can get. I give him my cousins name and the bastard asks for another name!

>_< See now?

Now? My old year blood is beginning to boil, right?! I then state his...I did STATE, 'cause of how serious he was. If he was like chilled and even smiling? I woulda said! Not stated! Anyway? I state my cousins wife's name! I dunno if he gave up on me or what? Either that or keep me there stating names until the countdown. Orrrr until I put foot to the accelerator and then I'm involved in a serious Coloured security guard chase on New Years Eve. Damon woulda enjoyed that!

SCSG (by now you know what that stands for) then orders me to "PROCEED!" Hahahhahahaaha!!! I needed to burst out laughing but I made sure to keep my composure. It was on the verge of going either way at that point. And then I just did my hair too. Getting whacked over the head with his walky-talky wasn't part of the plan!

I think it's obvious that I proceeded.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment