Thursday 5 December 2013

Thank You, Madiba

Funny enough, I heard from overseas that Mandela had passed. I'm firing myself as news reporter. I'm fired. There . Done.

I don't even know where to start. Up to my matric year, I had no idea who Mandela was. Not only was I absolutely not interested in politics like that? But to my knowledge, I hadn't even learnt about him in history up to that point.

But then years later, I met one of the most important people in my life, and it was only because Mandela lived. And our friendship? That connection that we share? It started from the moment we met and nothing. Not absence, differences, happenstance nor distance has ever been able to break it. That is how I will choose to honor Madiba. Through this life-long friendship that he CAUSED in my life.

I'm almost certain that you too, have your own special Madiba moment. And if it's not as personal as mine? Then honor the fact that we were fortunate enough to have one of the world's bravest souls born from our soil.

RIP Mr. Nelson "Madiba" Mandela, thank you!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment