Saturday 18 April 2015

NO to Xenophobia!!!!

Such a beautiful Durban day today. Nothing like the weeks winter misery that we've just come out of. And that doesn't apply to the weather alone. Unfortunately, some of our local South Africans have shown their sister-countries exactly how icy-cold they can be. Not. Good.

The King?

Yes we have a king.
We were shocked too
We have a king and a government.
But he is not the king of the country.
He is the King of the Zulu's.
However, our taxes pay for the upkeep of him, his many wives and about 27 children.
As I said--------we were shocked too.
He is Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini.

You can read all about him, here.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Zwelithini_kaBhekuzulu

Our taxes pay for...oh wait, I already said that.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2014/12/22/zulu-king-blows-r54-million-now-wants-more-of-your-money

Anyhoo, the only reason why I mentioned him is because he is regarded as the key instigator in the recent attacks against "foreigners" since he made a statement about....know what? Lemme let you see it for yourself. Here you go.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/16/listen-to-exactly-what-king-goodwill-zwelithini-said-about-foreigners

You might be asking yourself why there are so many see-for-yourself-links on todays blogpost. I blame with washing basket giving me death stares right now. As if I want it standing there! As if IIIIIII caused...hmmmmmm? I did, didn't I? I had the nerve to wash the clothes.

It wasn't me being lazy to type. I'm never lazy to type. Infact?!? I could type from sun up 'til power out and not tire of it. Even if it's on my Blackberry. Are you snickering????? Look? I-phones are the coolest but ay? It's the hardest thing trying to type on a full touchscreen phone. For me, that is. I need me my keypad 'cause I type a lot on this here phone of mine. Infact? Most of my books were typed, I would say, 85%, on my phone.

Now that I've turned sarcastic on my washing? Back to the reason for the title of this post. It's sadly been a horrid week here in Durban as far as Xenophobic attacks which I think is disgusting to say the least. Here is an article in this regard.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/16/africa/south-africa-anti-foreigner-attacks/

I'm still wondering why an army presence is still, well? Absent. Personally, I can't seem to wrap my head around Africans calling Africans, foreigners---and going as far as killing them for it. And I'd feel the very same way had these poor victims not been African. Violence? And me? Never been a fan of it. It makes me sick to my stomach---------literally.

With all of the unrest and just, just shit that's spiralling out of control right now, I'm more than grateful that my daughter had made the choice, and that we had supported her, in leaving South Africa and broadening her horizons and moreso that she's absolutely in awe of what she is seeing, experiencing and learning.

That's what life's about, afterall. The decisions we make. The experiences we have. The lessons we learn and the application of those, good or bad. That's something I've honestly improved on...it took me a very, very long time to get here. As far as a lot of things. I struggled to get a grip on honestly making decisions according to how things actually are as opposed to how I wish they were. I struggled. Lawwwwwd, did I struggle!!!! It was something that my ex and I often fought about and when I was fixated on not looking at situations honestly because peace was more important. I then wondered why I wasn't ever feeling it but he was right. And because I finally began understanding that, it's not so hard anymore.

Just with interacting alone. I don't force great relationships between myself and any one anymore, not family, not anyone, where over time it had always indicated otherwise. Yeah, reality beats fantasy, hands down. With family, in particular, for me it meant that if I behaved any differently than I was, then it meant that I couldn't love them anymore and that would just be wrong, they are family because then how could you love someone if you don't either want to interact with them or make a grand effort to?
We were raised to believe that no matter what happens, family is family and that's the end of the story. But once I opened up to the full understanding of what my ex was trying to get through to me all of those times, and seriously, it is absolutely amazing how differently we were raised to think compared to others, 'cause when I discussed the same concept with Dave, he too was like, "Ofcourse!" where he understood that loving someone from a distance, doesn't mean that you don't love them, it means that forcing a closeness that doesn't exist anymore, maybe never did, will hurt more.

It made me ask myself, "Wait? How does everyone else know this and it took me 41 years to get it?" I'll say this much. I'm very grateful for that lesson.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment