Thursday 9 April 2015

Outa The Bluuuue...I Mean, Pink...

InnOcenTly?!? As Wendy's very loyal smoke break sidekick cousin and her----mine, we go downstairs, right?
For a smoke.
Bad Rambler.
In my defense, I DO live here. Between the poor neighbouring African countries' foreigners once again being targeted in xenophobic attacks for opening businesses that the locals actually weren't even thinking about to begin with and then the constant yoyo in the petrol price that's got me thinking i'm about to gallop to work in the near future, NOT to mention the Moses Mabhida staff striking for reasons unbeknown to yours truly? I won't even add to that, the annual student strikes at the Technikons for crap like "We want free sanitary towels and shit!" See? See? My emotions are being played with on the daily.

By the way, I later came to find out that there was not one innocent bone in Wendy's body as far as what was about to happen. Okay, okay, lemme give credit where credit is due, she provided the address, he made the rest of the plans! Beautiful man that he is.

But wait....I should------i should start at the beginning. Now normally? I go down with a cigarette, bad Rambler (refer to detailed explanation above), and almost always come back with just a lighter....unless the promoters are out there handing out free bottles of water or shampoo or pamphlets...don't you hate that? Not the free water or shampoo. The pamphlets? I spot those mutha's at the traffic lights? I start vigorously rolling up my window, look straight ahead and inch forward when they reach me. On one of my more aggressive days, I will leave that sucker slightly open, just slightly and say no thanks, 'cause you never can be too sure about who's the promoter and who's just robbed one, pretending to be a promoter.

The Chris Brown concert was great, by the way! It poured with rain! Question? Why do we feel the need to say----with rain----as if it's ever poured with litchi juice? Anyhoooooo, the rain didn't stop us. As I said to Dave, if I'd taken off my bra in that crowd, I'd have won that wet t-shirt competition that they didn't have! If they were smart, they would have. Just saying. Entry fee: Tits. It pouuuuuuuuured....you'll see! He made sure that his buddy on this end took care of our tickets and his buddy on this end, made sure to keep his word, every step of the way.

But today? Today at smoke break time, t'was a lil different from other days. Again, you'll see. Nevermind, the promoters were still missing in action, spiteful bastards. I'm just saying, I could use some free stuff after the cost of petrol alone, was increased by almost R2/per litre. It doesn't cost, R2/per litre, it was innnnnnncreased byyyy almost R2.

The delivery guy comes, and I'm thinking, "Wooooo-hoooooo, lucky-ass woman about to be surprised!!

Well?

She sure was!!!!!!!! When Wendy said it was for me, I must have had a turnover of seventeen very different expressions of confusion.

O_o!!!! Whaaaaaa-----------?!
*_¤!!!! Me----------?!?!
O_O!!! Fr--from Dave?!?
:-)!!! You wonderfully sneaky sweetheart youuuuu!!!

A-hemmmmm!

You get the picture.

Once all of that settled, ofcourse I was done for! It took me a verrrrrrry long minute to get myself in order. You could not get rid of the smile on my face for nothing! And then the cards and the words? Awwwwwwwwwwww!! My shoulders slump in emotional overwhelm----overwhelm------ment? That a word?

I had to share....now? I'm off to blush some more!

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment