Monday 25 July 2016

And The Rain Came Down In Torrents!!

Ooooooooo-mannn! O_O!!!

When I tell you that today we had one long, scary drive home from work?!? Believe I! For I?!?! Do not ever recall driving in that much water in my lizzzife and I'm driving for many years now. The water was like THIS--------- high! It was herrre for the cars (if by some miracle you can see me? I'm showing you hand to ground measurements!) It was here!!! For the cars.

It's been pouring down since the weekend and hasn't stopped. Good for the drought.....horrible for the thousands of people in KwaZulu Natal who don't have proper shelter or any shelter at all.

We diverted from our usual highway route because ambulance with flashing lights were heading that way. I don't know what it is about drivers and rain but they lose their mind. Wouldn't you be extra careful? Yeah? Well, we need more of you on the road.

So then we head for the alternative route right------nope! I was like, head fall with a curse mumble and a sigh!

As if that wasn't enough? Right before we enter the flooded road? My back windscreen wiper falls off. >_<! *#?!#@*#!! Someone's ears musta been on fiuuuure because that's what I was thinking about that petrol attendant at the petrol station at this mall up and down the road from my house who broke it a few weeks back and was tryna leave it on the floor until I noticed something was missing. (Breathe) So I got out and there's my little back windscreen wiper lying all lonely on the concrete floor. I didn't bother saying a thing, I had no proof. I just know that it wasn't broken before he cleaned my windscreen. But still, I had no proof. Meanwhile? I'd just replaced it. About a y-(cough)-ear ago. Hey?!? I expected it to last eleven years like the original one and it would've too if----------
Okay, I'm over it.

Now where was I? Oh, right. Luckily, I was making an illegal turn to avoid that traffic build up on attempted route number two so Igshaan was able to get out and retrieve it. It's broken. Poor thing. But it was retrieved. It was my fault, I should have replaced it before the heavens opened up on us.

Lesson learnt! Replaced AGAIN, it shall be. #*?!#*@ petro-------
Okay, I'm over it!

These pics were taken by Nicole, stretched from the back seat between Wendy and I....

We reached home, safe and well-----cold! To those of you who are still out there, however you are travelling, I hope that you too arrive home safely.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment