Wednesday 13 July 2016

Woahhh, That's Going Too Far!

Wednesday already.  Wow!  Happy Hump Day to ya!

Hold on a s…………aaaaaah-ti-shoooo!  Shew!  Bless me!  My sinus is running rampant this past week.  Hate it, hate it, hate it!  But I'll live.

I see a new painting from Ayanda Mabulu has emerged, portraying the controversial relationship between the Gupta's and Zuma.  Look, you all know that I am anything but a fan of our president but like many others, even I think that this painting is in bad taste.  Despite the story behind it being what it is, he has a family.  The painting has already gone viral and if they haven't seen it yet, his kids surely will.  Their friends will see it.  Their rivals will too.  Which makes their job a little easier.  Kids are ruthless when it comes to teasing and embarrassing other kids.  Especially when they don't like you.  Matter-o-fact, I'm certain that even if they are not teased about it, just knowing that their peers have seen something so vile about their father, is more than enough to have a harmful effect on them.        

There is no doubt in my mind that Ayanda is an extremely talented artist.  There is also no doubt in my mind that Ayanda, like too many others here, is angry enough at the current state of affairs of this country.  That he is motivated enough by that anger to let his feelings spill out on that canvas this way.  But, it's still not the best way to tell his story.  I'm saying that because now that it's out, now that another one is out, he is the one being ridiculed, not Zuma.  Zuma is being regarded, over this painting, with sympathy, regardless of how people feel about him or his leadership.

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/ayanda-mabulus-newest-painting-of-zuma-and-atul-gupta-has-gone-viral-very-nsfw/

 
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment