Wednesday 6 July 2016

Fifty Shades Darker

Because I caught some of the movie the other night on the telly? The way that it ended, I was compelled to read what happened next. Curiosity hasn't killed me yet.

So I'm finally reading the second book, Fifty Shades Darker. I've had these books for ages and I still haven't read the first book.

Lemme tell you something? Yes, there is sex all over this book, almost every second page and as entertaining as that is, I'm finding the book--------- just heartwrenching. In sooooooooo many more ways than one.

His horrific past. The effects that it's rightfully had on him his whole life. His pain and his deep fears. His protectiveness over this woman that he loves. His desperation not to lose her. Their attraction. Their connection. The way that she'd changed the very core of who he's been. Her innocence coupled with her strength. Her calming effect on him. The comfort that she finds just being near him. It's as if she is saving him slowly, from one day to the next on so many levels. She's dragging the human out of him, slowly, from one day to the next. The way that he regards her a treasure to him. I'm assuming that this book digs into the reasons that he was who he was since I haven't read the first one.

But reading? I can't stop and I can't stop feeling as though I wanna reach into this book, take this fictional man, just like Ana, and hold him close and show him that life is not as cruel as it is in his nightmares. That he is worthy of being loved despite his pounding belief that he's not.

I didn't expect this. At all. Not to mention the way that it's draining my own psyche. And very little of that has anything to do with sex.

Wow!


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment