Tuesday 12 July 2016

Home Safe

The boys are back in town, safely! My daughter is fine.

A good ole time was had. Damo looked so grown and got to go with Chicken, (yes, the guys name was Chicken, bwaaaaahahahahah! Too cute!) and Noon to play soccer! But the rain ruined that so they just kicked the ball around. Zane, like Zane does, made friends, brothers, as Damo said, hahahahhaha! He was like, "Chicken said, 'I cry now coz my brother go home!'" Apparently, they were invited to a wedding in April next year, hahahahahha!

My dad wouldn't stop talking, LOL! I see that he noticed the same thing that I did. Something that hit me quite hard, in a good way. Clearly, him too.

As we were leaving last night, he said, "It's a different life over there. They live very differently." I said, "It is, I love it so much." He then said, "They are poor but they're not crying about it. They find some way to make money. But they aren't sad and miserable, they are still happy." And I couldn't help but smile because it's something that I'd told everyone when I came back from Chiang Mai. And I said, "I knowww, you don't see anyone coming up to you and begging. But you do see many of them coming up to you and selling something they've made. Even if they are simply flower chains that they've sewn together. They are doing something." I already knew, because he was always such a hard worker and still now won't sit still, that he would notice that.

I respect that about the people of Thailand. I have no doubt that they were given the gift of hand. And they use it well.

It made me miss being there even more.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment