Sunday 7 October 2012

Alien in a Hut

I spent Friday morning repeating to myself, "I am sooooh not talking to the weather right now! Hmmmmmpf!" Out of NOWHERRRRE? RAIN?!?! ....................................See? That's what puts me in a foul mood. I say "out of nowhere" and then one of my voices, the snide one? Chirps, "Out of the sky, you mean?" I'm having a hard enough time dealing with weather's latest, "Lemme wet people on a Friday," craze. Which means I have little to no tolerance for my sarcasm being used to get on my own nerves. I try to teach my voices that there's a time and a place for everything! Someone should've taught the weather that too 'cause I've noticed how, conventiently, it rains alot harder when we have to either run to get into the car or run from outa the car!


Hey! Did you hear? Apparently they found the remains of a dinosaur in South Africa! A something-saurus. Wendy said she knew Malema came from somewhere! Haaaaahahhahahaha! Doesn't it make you wonder, though, what other surprises are in store for us? We have the dinosaur remains. Malema's gag order that allows him to continue inciting the masses. We have life! Since the world was ending this year? And just like the lead character in Heidi with her pigtails? My mind skips off to the only next LOGICAL occurrence....


What would I do if ET and the seven dwarf aliens had to suddenly show up? The better question would be? What would youuuuuu do? Uhhhhhh...good try but I doubt karate would work. Lift your leg and they'd probably lazer it off with their eyes or something! Then you'll be hopping mad! Me? I might just mumble, "Hubahubahubahubahubahuba" repeatedly, while secretly using the one sliver of common sense I'm left with to beg the heavens for that to NOT be me degrading their mother in alien language. Grumpy alien would not take kindly to such disrespect. And ay? I'm not tryna start nothing with outa spacers! I'm all for peace. And me remaining in one piece. Or!!? I might pretend to be asleep. Even if I'm driving. I'll just be like, "Wendy! Taketh control of this, my wheel! (My life is flashing before my eyes and I've stopped at my high school years when we were learning Shakespeare) Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" I did that once. Only? I wasn't behind the wheel. I was behind Bree. In a hut.


See? The night wasn't young. The function was over. Our bodies were worn and weary from singing karoake. The breeze was soft but deliberate. So? Some of us went to bed. SHOCKER! The bush? Was high. SHOCKER! The stranger wasn't invited! O_o! SHOCKER! But obviously hiding somewhere among the blades and barks of the vast array of bush that surrounded us. All of a sudden?!? BAMMMM!!! Just kidding. He didn't barge in like that.


He cleverly creeped in like the thief that he was. Creepy thief! Thieves are just creepy! The creep comes in and we watch him through startled, slitty eyes! Can you imagine our dilemma???? Being startled yet forced to close our eyes when everyone knows that startled eyes are meant to be big as side plates? We watched him, attentively, while trying to control the network of confused nerves in the eye area, steal Lindsey's bag and I think someone's leather jacket. Wait? Was her name Lindsey? Whatever. At least I remember she was a her. Anyway, he came in? Stole the stuff and I layed there stiff as a corpse until he was gone! If you dropped me? I'd probably crack in half! That's how starch stiff my body was! O_O!


I wasn't the only one imitating a dead Coloured female, by the way! Bree was right there next to me. We were dead together. As dead as we could pretend to be while our hearts thumped like beating drums! We were in a hut! And beating drums matched perfectly. I thought it was a rather smart move on our parts. Well? We didn't move, per sayyyyy. But not moving was a pretty smart move. Whose tryna get a spear thrown through their heart when they're far from home, in a hut? Or worse? WORST than that?!! Hmmmmmmm, nope...Actually, that would be the "worse"! We weren't quite sure if he was packing a spear but you never can be too sure when you're in a hut, you know?


Ever since that day? I've never put my foot in a cemented floored, circular room with clay walls and a thatched roof, AGAIN! It's not like I ever planned on putting anything of mine in one to begin with but we had to help out with this work function, so? There I was! Hutting it. Wowwwww, I totally forgot all about that hut experience. Thanks for reminding me! Geese believes that I do that with any experience that I'm uncomfortable with. I push it so far back that it takes something specific to cause me to remember it.


What?!? What was I talking about again? Oh yeah! The rain and alien invasion....that's right. :-/

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment