Wednesday 31 October 2012

It’s Time


I was sitting and staring out of my car window in the slow moving traffic yesterday, wondering how it was that the sun was stinging my face after it had just been storming a very short while before that and then all of a sudden?!?  

The traffic began moving faster!  Heh-heh-heh!  Got!  Ya!  You thought something extra-ordinary happened, huh?  You’re just a drama-holic, aren’t you?  I saw your eyes widen...I saw you inch closer to the screen....but...Hahahahahaha...no!  The dinosaur bones that they found some time back didn't grow into a somethingasaurus.  Neither was it spotted being ridden like Zoro down the Spaghetti Junction by Malema yelling, “This traffic is racissssst!”  That only happens in the movies.  And dreams.  

My dream last night?!?!?  Probably packed its bonny bags and set out in its quest to become a movie ‘cause I can’t for the life of me remember it. Do you remember most of your dreams?  I seriously hate that one dream where I keep finding money on the floor as a child.  Like an endless trail of money.  It’s overcast and damp and somehow?  Only I’m walking on this path.  As a child.  Should a child honestly be walking alone on a damp path...on an overcast day?  Lucky the welfare didn’t see me.  Shewwwwww My parents might have been at work.  I’m sure they were.  Unless they went to Natraj?  Dunno?  

But where were the adults in the community to tell me, “Children should not be walking alone on overcast days...on damp paths covered in money!”  Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.  Communities aren’t what they should be.  Everybody should be your mother and father in a community.  Good lawwwwd!  Just thought about how many beatings a badly behaved child would get, just on their way home to their real parents for their real beating!  >_<!  Reallllll sore!  Even this silly little example?  It tells you that if everybody didn’t mind their own business when it came to raising the youth?  They might be too afraid to mess up, again.  I say again, because sometimes, kids don’t actually know that they’ve made a mistake until they see the consequence of it but if we each had a community of parents?  I can bet you 9cm’s off the inner thighs, that we would not repeat previously unknown potential mistakes.

That’s why they call it a “community” Commune, means, together in one place.  –ity?  Is city without the c and bares no significance on what I’m trying to say but?!?!  Thank goodness the only harm that came to me from that dream was that I woke up a half-broke adult!  Things could have been alot worse.  Could’ve gotten ugly if I happened to notice that somethingasaurus secretly strolling behind me.  

I-I said half The other half is trying to get back into that dream, bury all of that unconcerned money, yes unconcerned, it was just laying there, unconcerned...record the co-ordinates on a page, save it on the memory card of my cellphone and then back it up onto my computer, so that I can return to dig it up as an adult.  Nobody would care that I was walking on a damp path....on an overcast day as an adult With a spade?  I just told you guys the other day, that certain

Certain!  Individuals, which I shall not name!?  Mainly because I don’t know their names...Are walking around with scissors!  How’s this!!!!!!?>>>>>> and nooooooh paper to cut So, if I began walking around with a spade?  Whose gonna ask me where the heap of sand is?  Not-a-body They might look at me funny.  They might look at each other funny.  They might even mumble, “Poor thing?  Can see she’s divorced.  She has to do the digging herself now.”  But to me?  They shall say not A word.

And that’s our problem, isn’t it Too often, we say alot, but not to whom it is that needs to hear it.  It happens in families.  I know it does in mine.  Communities.  Cities.  Countries.  Which is why Eskom will continue to increase our electricity tariffs by 16% on an annual basis while we curse them in seventeen foreign languages under our breath and not to their face!  We don't even write them a letter!  I’m guilty of this myself.  Not putting up tariffs!  Come on now...concentrate I’m on the other side of the fence, just like you.  The unfortunate, consumer side.  Where it’s thorny!  As well as damp and overcast.  We don’t get to put anything up!  Except for our blood pressure on pay day!

But even in saying that?  It feels somewhat insignificant right now.  People have lost everything, including their lives in Hurricane Sandy.  This is a time where families, communities, cities...even countries need to reach out a helping hand to those left to overcome this devastation.   This is a time, when “commune” matters most.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment