Thursday 3 March 2016

I Feel...

Quite dead!

Dance class was both epic and draining. But that's a good thing. Can't be mad about exercising! Just don't be blaming me for not getting to post this blog entry 'cause I've dozed off!

:-/ My exhausted brain and body somehow convinced me that you'd see the post. If I didn't post it. Sorry. #dozingmustfall

That's the new protest craze around here. The land of gold and fuckery. Let's see. There's been #feesmustfall. #outsourcingmustfall. #afrikaansmustfall. #rhodesmustfall. #zumamustfall. #racismmustfall. #randmustfall. Oh wait! Strike that last one. We didn't need a protest for that. Just---just our president. What was I thinking?

I wasn't.

I'm tired.

Too tired.

You know what? In all seriousness, I really do wish that one day we are fortunate enough to be led by a capable, selfless Black president. Not because I'm anti-White. Far from it. I just don't believe that that is ever possible again.

It is a misconception that because some of us are so bitter about the current leadership, that it's because they're not White. But they forget that all we have is that comparison.

Before and after the White government.

And I'm fully aware of the tragedies of Apartheid but in saying that things were better when the Whites led? Yes ofcourse, it's limited to our own exposure to the situation. You ask a Black, Indian or Coloured person to tell you their story and no two would be the same. By no means or measure.

However in saying that we feel it was better, it doesn't mean that we want Apartheid back or even a White president for that matter. The truth is that we just want a capable president. Of whatever race. Nobody with a beating heart and a working mind would long for a time where Blacks were treated worst than a rabid dog. That's an atrocious reality of who South Africa WAS and I'd give anything to be able to go back somehow and exist in a different South Africa.

One that started out THIS way. And by THIS way, I mean, equal opportunity for all where Blacks, Indians and Coloureds were given as much a right as Whites did to exist without the atrocities of dehumisation and to develop in the same limitless environment. It would be a very different place to live in right now.

The thing is this. It was possible but unfairly prevented. All I have to do is look at our schools. All races welcome. All races given the same opportunities. And what did our kids do? They looked passed colour and race. Just like they were supposed to.

And then I imagine an entire country growing up that way.

So very different. To now.

No, we're not bitter because they're Black. We just want someone who puts South Africa's education, health, safety and poverty first, for starters. 'Cause where exactly is this country going in decades from now with poor, stupid, sick, dead people? Nowhere. Nowhere without the foundations and fundamentals in their rightful place. I don't believe that it's too much to ask for them to just make sure, you know, that the hospitals are equipped to care for the sick and the schools get the proper funds that educating children requires, that everybody has food and shelter and that the people are safe.

That's not unreasonable.

But?
How can we celebrate a president who doesn't put those needs first but then feels bricks about spending ridiculous amounts of the peoples money on him and his?



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment