Thursday 31 March 2016

The Situation Right Now

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/full-statement-da-moves-to-impeach-zuma-following-constitutional-court-ruling-20160331


I'm not mad about this. As I said before, it's not about racism, it's about competency. I'd welcome a Black, a green, a purple, president, if he was a competent, selfless leader.

What my dad said the other day made a lot of sense to me. He said, with the atrocious job that Zuma has done as president, people have still voted for him and that's only because they support the ANC, not him. They are loyal to the ANC, not to him.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty, at all.

Blind loyalty, however?

That's something that I have a problem with. On every level. I've seen blind loyalty ruin family bonds, friendships and I've watched it ruin a beautiful country like South Africa.

Self-serving decisions.

Either way, I sincerely hope that something positive will come out of this.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment