Saturday 4 June 2016

Me Time.....

About to go to bed on this very chilly, very quiet Saturday evening. Spent all day except for two hours at home today. Earlier, once I got my linen washed and hung, I curled up on that one-seater couch and fell right back to sleep.

Watched an extremely touching and thought-provoking movie called, The Good Lie. The movie is set around five siblings, Sudanese refugees who become orphaned after their parents are killed. Them, along with others, who survive the journey without being killed, make their way to the refugee camp in Kenya where it then takes thirteen years for them to be taken to the USA. It takes you through their transition, their trauma, their sacrifices. If ever I've seen bravery, it was in this movie. Seeing movies like this makes me cringe at the rubbish that we complain about. Eh!

Slept a lot.

Sometimes, I really don't wish for any kinda company and I enjoy having that choice. Me time. Sleep time. Not do anything time. Get ya head together time. You know?

We all need that. The ability to spend some time with ourselves. This space I'm in at the moment? It's has me craving solitude. Did a lot of running wild here, there and everywhere over the last two weeks and very little of that running was for my own benefit. I don't know that that's entirely true because it does leave me with an accomplished feeling. So, no, I'm not sorry. I'm never sorry because it makes me feel good to lend a hand where I can, especially when the help is appreciated but honestly? I have been feeling too, the effects of being pulled in numerous different directions.

That's why today, I was happy to have been able to just----------------take in the day and enjoy it the way that I wanted to. No deadlines. No rushing around. Nothing but myself, my time, my thoughts and my pace.

So now? Off to bed I go. Tomorrow, unfortunately, won't be a me-time, don't-leave-the-house kinda day. Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and then heading off for a birthday cake and tea, in the afternoon.

Goodnight!



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment