Tuesday 7 June 2016

Merry-Go-Round

Errrrm-er-gerrrd!!!!  >_<!

If it's not violent protests over election candidate lists in KwaZulu Natal.  Or Penny Sparrow's upcoming case in the Equality court……….or?  Zuma selling us down the river to the Gupta's!  Then it's the EFF causing ructions and getting thrown out of the House of Parliament. 

Hold on-----------------Did Zuma pay back the money yet?  Hmmmmm?  I just read that Penny Sparrow will be appearing in court on Friday or something.  While I wholeheartedly agree that calling Blacks, monkey's, on social media or calling them any kind of derogatory anything on any media, is a no-no?!!!  I am also well aware that Apartheid is over.  Volatility is rife.  You shoulda known that too, Penny.  Everybody already has their ears peeled and flapping for any kind of hate speech and you wanna brazenly hate-type and hit post??  Nooooooo-no, lady.  You asked for it!  You really can't be calling people animal names like that.  Come on now.   Unless, you're in the throes of passion.  That's different.  Then it's motivation.  Then it's dirty talk.  But not dirty where half the nation wants your head on a platter.  Dirty where you want your head……oops. 

BLUSH! 

I shall take me a walk and return…soon.

 

Ahem!  Moving right along.  I read too that she will be forced to pay R200,000.00 to a NGO (A non-governmental organization is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level) as punishment.  Personally?  I would rather they force her to buy food to the value of R200,000.00 and feed poor families since who the hell knows where that money's gonna end up.  It could be anywhere from someone's hands to someone's pockets.  But see, this is what makes me think about tv licenses. 

No, no, stop!  Ima make a valid point here.  Sit down….     

Year after year after year, we…us, the television owners of South Africa are threatened to the point of paranoia.  Hey?  I was stubborn about it at first.  I was like, I will NOT!  But, punk that I am?  I ran out and bought my tv license.  I figured that it would just be better to watch tv, freely than to be jolting at every knock on the door once you've settled down on the sofa.  Then everything just becomes a horror movie.  Horror is what I feel for having to even pay for a license in the first place!  The garbage that is aired could make you throw up in your mouth, twice.  That right there is the sole reason that nobody wants to or should have to pay tv licenses anyhow!  But then they have us by the balls with their constant threats of jail time. 

R265.00 per annum!  Which is about what?  US18?  Yeah.  You're probably saying to yourself, "Well whaddaya moaning about there Rambler, that's real cheap!"  Yes, it's cheap, BUT?!?!?!  Firstly, our eyeballs hurt.  Secondly, they have a nerve to, for R265.00, want to arrest us and make us serve time should the inspector decide to do random checks and find us watching Days of Our Lives, without a tv license!  Here, you think I'm kidding.  I copied this from the SABC website;

Q: WHAT ARE THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF CONTRAVENING THE TV LICENCE LEGISLATION?
A: Anyone found guilty in court of failing to comply with the law may be sentenced to a fine of not more than R500.00 or to imprisonment for up to six months, or both. 
 
BOTH?!?!?!  Dammmmmm, it's worse than I thought!  Now I have to amend my second point to read; Secondly, they have a nerve to, for R265.00, want to arrest us, force us to pay a fine and still serve jail time should the inspector decide to pop around to do random checks in the hope of finding us watching Days of Our Lives, without a tv license!  And just let him!  Let him…..there will be no, "No tv license, huh?!?!?!?  I am removing your aerial!"  ZAP!  "Now you can wonder!  You can wonder what happened to Stefano just like we had to wonder where your tv license fee is!" 

Meanwhile, back at Nkandla, who's doing walkabouts and random checks on whether or not they're having weekly "fire pool" parties?  To me, that pool should be shut down, emptied and filled with rocks until further notice!  It is part of a COMPLETE investigation.  I actually said that without laughing, wow.  Mature moment.  Has the punishment been issued?  Yay.  Has the money been paid back?  Double nay.  Lemme ask you something, in private, if you will………..do you actually believe that there will ever be a "refund"? 

If we're gonna compare apples with apples as far as guilty verdicts and enforcement of punishment go.  Power trumps punishment.  Aside from the tv license crap……Penny Sparrow IS guilty of hate speech.  And rightfully so.  I can almost guarantee you that she will be made to pay that R200,000.00 to that pocket.  I mean, that NGO.  But then I look on the other end of the see-saw, Zuma was found guilty of misusing millions of Rands worth of public funds for private gain.  Which one of us in this cyber room can even give a lick of a guarantee that one rusty cent of that will ever be paid back?  Anybody?  Somebody?!?  I've heard close to nothing about this issue recently anyway which means that it's a distant memory by now…………until the EFF get on that House of Parliament mic again. 



Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment