Thursday 2 August 2012

Animal Mythology

Lunch-time at the mall was hilarious today. We're walking down the aisle in Diskem and Wendy holds up a bottle, "This is nice shampoo...." I agree and slowly walk on but then remind her that, "Well, I'm using horse shampoo now..." She then says, "Remember that day? What did you say the instructions were? WET. HORSE. THOROUGHLY!" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I stopped dead in my tracks, forgot I was surrounded by people who could very well be angry that they're having to spend money and then be worse aggravated by my joyous exhibit of happiness? Threw my head back, closed my eyes and I swear if I laughed jussssss a little bit harder? It wouldn't have been funny much longer 'cause aside from possibly rupturing my spleen? I'm not sure how you would feel about peeing yourself in an aisle in Diskem but I know it's not a situation I would like to find myself in! Because as usual Wendy went on with her crazy remarks acting as though she was me, "Wet horse thoroughly? I look in the mirror and realize that, no! I'm not a horse! If this promises to do alllll of this to my hair? Then.....?" Luckily for me, I have amazing bladder control...ask Nona about me at a live concert! And that's all thanks to the unbalanced ratio of people versus sofa's at the many overcrowded functions we've had at Ma's house over the years.

But mannnnnn!! Before Wendy brought it up, I forgot allllll about that day. That was when I was still contemplating using the horse shampoo, so while we were in there? I was carefully going through the different types. Ohhhhhh Yes! There are different types. I see that even horses are demanding hair with bounce, body and shine these days! So, I'm standing with the bottle in my hand? I frown and just to make sure? I reread the instructions!

Wendy is paying attention to something else on the shelf opposite me so I go to nudge her and in a soft tone, I tell her? "Listen to this! It says...Wet HORSE thoroughly!" LMFAO! Again, sensitive organs are being threatened from laughing hysterically because we both knew the reason that I'm even reading the bottle to begin with! Needless to say? I set it back on the shelf and walked out of Diskem with whatever else I bought!

I wasn't ready. Sommmme things? You just need time. I just. Needed time. That? That was just a little bit tooooooooo straightforward and upfront for me. I kept telling myself that they mention nowhere on there about...? There was no option of, "If you're not a horse, then wet, just your hair...thoroughly!" It felt as though the bottle was putting it's palm up like, "Talk to the horse!" So, I needed to go home and mill over it in my mind and return to that shelf once I was okay with succumbing to following instructions that were meant for an animal that people bet money on in races.

You know what I just heard my memory say? "You should take Bob Martin's for healthy hair!" Why are animal things always good for your hair?!!! WTF?! I popped a few Bob Martin dog vitamin tablets in my time. I'm not ashamed! I feel misinformed! But certainly, not ashamed for being a gullible fool!

Correct me if I'm wrong? I've never ever heard Sheba tell Choonooks, "woof (Hey) woof (C), woof (I) woof (hear) woof (that) woof (Pantene) woof (would) woof (do) woof (wonders) woof (for) woof (ya) woof (thinning) woof (coat)!"

This is why I called myself a gullible fool just now! Taking Bob Martins only causes you to be able to translate dog language...while you're trusting the horse shampoo to do what they said very same brown pills would do! Feels very de-j a-vu -ish!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment