Thursday 16 August 2012

Calculating Mind

Thank you guys. :-) Just felt as though I needed to show my gratitude for you taking the time to read my ramblings. It may not seem like a huggggge deal? But it is.

When someone listens to what you say? Reads what you've written? Remembers your name, even? For any of these three things to even happen? You've had to have made some sort of impression on them. That's a huge deal. At least it should be. Too often, I find that we linger on feeling a certain way about what's gone or going wrong in our lives. Myself included. I'll be the first to admit it. (Stand up, nod and smile). Hi, I'm Stacey, and I'm a lingerer. But we forget that in the midst of all the mishaps? There's always, still, something to celebrate. My hair's celebrating right now too 'cause I'm about to wash it. So?! In a few minutes? I'm not the only one having a gracious moment!

For some reason? Unbeknown to you! I feel as though I haven't slept for dayyyys. I'm not TGIF-ing either, because I have early morning errands alllllllll weekend. I say alllllllll? As if the weekend consists of nineteen point three days. It should! :-) But it doesn't. :-( So short that you can describe it in hours.

"Sooooooooh, Bob? What have you been up to for the last forty eight, hours?" Bob is still smiling and doesn't have that usual look of constipation on his face! Effortlessly, comprehending both the words annnnd the numbers! And why? Because the insufficient total weekend hours are easily incorporable into questions about what you've been doing? By someone to whom it shouldn't matter! But?!?! Let's clasp our hands behind our backs and walk in gigantic, almost? Mocking, steps to the flipside...shall we?

"So? What have you..." Twenty- four times?.....Hmmmmmm...Ho-hold on jussssssssss onnnnne minute! Just? Sw-switching applications, quickly....times five. O_o! Whaaat!? I'm NOT! Five times four. Twenty. You're so ready to jump to conclusions. Smh! Zero carry two. Under no circumstances am I going to consult my...phone calculator! Nnnnnnnnnnnn! Where was I? Carry two. TO WHERE?!! Sighhhhhhh! Starting again. Twenty-four times...seriously, I'm switching applications for a compleeeeetely different reason! Two fives? Ten. Plus...For real. Two. Twelve and zero! ".....been up to for the last one hundred and twenty hours?" And there you go! Immediate loss of flow! Annnnnnnnnnd look what you've done now! He's constipated. Only thing switching at that point? Is Bob's ass as he power walks to get as far away from you as he possibly can!

You'd never say I was being sweet and soppy and thank you-ish a second ago, would you? Well? Don't blame me for "mixed feelings" being something that, actually exists. I don't make the emotion rules. I just feel them? And then come here to tell you all about it!

Night, night, world! Me?! Wash hair. You?! Ramble Responsibly!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment